UPDATE ON DONNA'S HEALTH

by outoftheorg 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Today we got a phone call from the "Cancer Treatment Centers of America".

Donna's niece left our phone number with them. They offered among other things to fly Donna and me to the Seattle area and back home, FREE of charge to check out what they have to offer.

That started the the "if it sounds like its too good to be true" bells to begin to ring.

I did a search on Google and found they had been brought to court by the feds for false advertising and paid a fine.

It is a privately owned, for profit corporation.

Has anyone on this forum had experience with them? Or have any knowledge of this outfit??

They offer a lot of services that I am sure the insurance company will not cover. These services are mainly of the "feel good" things such as spiritual support, acupuncture, hot tub baths, etc.

Thanks to you all that have responded to us with prayer and good vibes sent to Donna. She is amazed that so many folks will do this for someone they do not know. I tell her that there are a lot of good folks on this forum.

A lady we know well and her mother, both mormons, brought enough cooked food to last several days. Do you think I ought to ask the local jw's if they could help us??? NAH never happen.

She is feeling a bit better and this coming tuesday we will visit the chemo and radiology group and learn what they have to offer.

There are a lot of decisions to be made and not much time in which to do so.

outoftheorg

• carla
    carla

Sorry I can't help you with that org. Have you tried support groups for cancer patients? Maybe they would have some good advice for you. in my prayers, carla

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

you are doing the right thing, research the place as much as you can online. ask her doctors about the place, see if they have any insight.

although a lot of dr's dismiss alternative treatments, you never know , yours may have a better idea thats closer to home for you.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Sounds like a disgusting group to me! I've been told the American Cancer Association has help...have you called them

directly?

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i think the best you can do is to look into everything as much as u possibly can... and never ever lose hope... my little sister had cancer, the doctors said she would die... she was operated in texas... then they said she would never walk or talk again, but she in high school, leading a completely normal life... DONT GIVE UP!

the infamous one

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Don't give up is what most of you are saying and we agree with this.

We intend to NEVER give up and look at all options.

There will be a second opinion tomorrow and a look at the radiation and chemo group.

One of the things that seem to help Donna to have hope is the prayers and good vibes that come from this forum. It also contributes to her sense of enjoying life.

Please keep up with the prayers and good vibes.

While I have questions about prayer, Donna is one of those women who truly believe in God and the help we can get with praying. It really brings her joy and a feeling of strength to fight the cancer.

THANKS many times to you all.

Outoftheorg

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Thanks for the update. Will coninue praying and wishing you both the best!!!!!

~Merry

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Thank you Merry Mag.

I hope to be going through your part of Idaho one of these days.

We can talk about our experiences in the org. Have a beer (if you drink) and laugh at the really

ignorant teachings of the ORG.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit