Watchtower and Christmas...

by zeroday 6 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

We all know the Watchtower is the final authority and God's sole means of communications with true Christians today, and it is the season. So if any of your JW family or friends should be interested in what the Watchtower says about Christmas you might want to share this with them:

Watchtower December 1, 1904 p.364

THE PRINCE OF PEACE."

--ISAIAH 9:1-7.--DECEMBER 25.--

Golden Text:--"His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,

Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."--R.V.

EVEN though Christmas day is not the real anniversary

of our Lord's birth, but more properly the annunciation

day or the date of his human begetting

(Luke 1:28), nevertheless, since the celebration of

our Lord's birth is not a matter of divine appointment or

injunction, but merely a tribute of respect to him, it is

not necessary for us to quibble particularly about the date.

We may as well join with the civilized world in celebrating

the grand event on the day which the majority celebrate

--"Christmas day."

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i bet in the next few months they decide christmas is ok so people will saty with their dying religion!!! aka cult

the infamous one

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

i bet Russell and Rutherford were so tight fisted that they thought this one up so they didn;t have to buy anyone a christmas pressie. Tightarses'

"so Charles, what are you getting Mrs Russell for Christmas, a new gown perhaps?"

"A GOWN???, get thee behind me Satan, we don't celebrate christmas"

"ehh why perchance"

"because everyone else does, its pure genius, i want as many people to be as miserable a bastard as I am"

"figures"

• heathen
    heathen
    We may as well join with the civilized world in celebrating

the grand event on the day which the majority celebrate

Today they consider themselves the only civilized people on earth . Everybody else is a satan worshipping freak . I still don't like christmas regardless of the religions stance on it .

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Didnt you hear? They got "new light" on the subject

• greendawn
    greendawn

Skinnyboy, the dubs under Russell celebrated Christmas it was Rutherford that banned it along with other innocent christian practices.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Well I shall have a jolly good Christmas. I always did love Christmas, even as a Dub, and felt somewhat miserable that I stopped celebrating it when I joined the cult

My family and I have celebrated Christmas the past two years we've been out and are looking forawrd to this coming Christmas, too

How is it that the Dubs don't celebrate Christmas on account of its pagan origins but they don't ban wedding rings which, I believe, are also pagan? They can't have it both ways!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit