A TOUR OF HEAVEN ... (a joke)

by Billygoat 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

A man dies and goes to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter offers him a tour on his way to his quarters. St. Peter takes the man down a beautiful road paved with gold bricks. They pass a beautiful, tall, Cathedral-like building. It's huge, with stained glass windows and angels carved into the stonework. People are quietly filing into the front door as music from a beautiful pipe organ emanates from within.

"Wow!" exclaims the man. "What a beautiful building! Who are those people?"

"Them? Those are all the Catholics. They're getting ready to have high mass." St. Peter replies.

"Oh." says the man, as they continue walking down the street.

Next they approach a large grassy area with a modest red brick building that has a tall white steeple at the top. There are huge tables all over the lawn covered with dishes of Cool-Whip salad, fried chicken wings, watermelon and every casserole imaginable. People are eating to their heart's content and laughing, talking and socializing as their children run around playing in the grass.

"St. Peter, who are all those people?" the man asks.

"Oh those people? Those are the Baptists. They're having another one of their picnics or something." The man nods in understanding.

Soon St. Peter and the man start walking into and area with lots of trees. It looks like their nearing the woods. As they walk deeper into the trees, the man notices a clearing into the distance. There's a small village of stone buildings, streams of white smoke puffing from the chimney tops, and beautiful flower and vegetable gardens around the homes. People are quietly milling around and talking.

"St. Peter, who are those people?" the man asks.

"Shhh!" shushes St. Peter with his finger to his mouth. "Those are the Jehovah's Witnesses. They think they're the only ones up here."

Actually, the punchline had a different religion in it, but I still thought it was funny!

Andi

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

lol! That was really cute. Thanks :)

BW

• teejay
    teejay

Billygoat,

I told this joke to a roomful of exJW friends and they almost died. One even wanted me to retell it... right then.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Billy,

This is an old - and good - joke! I told it to some jw sisters, however, and they didn't even think it was funny.

Perhaps the joke teller? Naaaaaaaaaa.

waiting

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Waiting,

No way it could be the joke teller...I've read your jokes thread...ROTFL!!!

(((Andi))) good joke, I hadn't heard it before! Now if only I can remember it beyond the next 5 minutes...

Dana

"I undid his head collar and took him outside for a drink, and felt, if not exactly a communion with him, at least an awareness of being a fellow creature on a lonely planet."

Dick Francis in "To The Hilt"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit