From The Witness Zone

by Stephanus 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

http://jwzone.dhs.org/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000019.html

Have you ever witnessed to a telemarketer?
    I have. One day this sister I got rained out. So, we went home. As I was preparing for BKS for the following day, the phone rung and this gal was looking for my parents. Since they weren't home, she told me what she wanted. It was on healthcare. After she got done talking, I mentioned what promises that Jehovah and Jesus have for us mankind with no need for healthcare insurance. By the end of the conversation, she gave me her snail mail addy, so I can send her the Greatest Man Book.

Well, isn't that just peachy-dandy! There's no need for health insurance because Jehovah and Jesus have already paid the premiums on the Paradise Earth.

All I can say is that this woman is too young to remember 1975...

• julien
    julien

Look at the bright side. Converting them to be GB worshippers (aka JWs) is probably the best way to get revenge on telemarketers.

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

Steph,

I do not mind legitimate criticisms. But this one is simply unfair.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you ever witnessed to a telemarketer?
    I have. One day this sister I got rained out. So, we went home. As I was preparing for BKS for the following day, the phone rung and this gal was looking for my parents. Since they weren't home, she told me what she wanted. It was on healthcare. After she got done talking, I mentioned what promises that Jehovah and Jesus have for us mankind with no need for healthcare insurance. By the end of the conversation, she gave me her snail mail addy, so I can send her the Greatest Man Book.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Well, isn't that just peachy-dandy! There's no need for health insurance because Jehovah and Jesus have already paid the premiums on the Paradise Earth.:

Maybe the problem stems from a failure to understand the sister's words. But I can assure you that she was not saying JWs do not need health insurance now. Plenty of us JWs have health insurance. She is talking about the Paradise earth. In the future, we will not need insurance. Got it?

Duns the Scot

"Nobody is taller than himself or herself."

• Flip
    Flip
    …She is talking about the Paradise earth. In the future, we will not need insurance. Got it?

Almost the entire purpose of this discussion board is designed to scrutinize the validity of WTB&TS claims for exclusive access to a ‘paradise’ earth concept. A concept bereft of validity other than ‘proof’ conjured in the minds of the frightened, the fanatic or the profiteer.

At this juncture, it’s ridiculous to conclude whether the need for health insurance will or will not be beneficial to the occupants of a ‘paradise’ earth.

However, bright Jehovah’s Witnesses who currently purchase health insurance, during periods of personal financial growth, appear to have a cursory understanding that ‘rowing away from the rocks’ by being insured, while they curry Jehovah’s favor by donating assets to the WTB&TS must be excellent coverage in case one or the other eventuality doesn’t pan out.

Flip

• Kat_
    Kat_

<<Look at the bright side. Converting them to be GB worshippers (aka JWs) is probably the best way to get revenge on telemarketers.>> - -Julian

I won't comment on the criticism issue of this thread but:
    Legitimate criticism or not, that is one tremendously funny remark.

Kat

• Tina
    Tina

Hello,
    I must agree with Kat here. Julien,that was too funny,a fate worse than death for telemarketers lol.(They drive me bananas)
    Welcome aboard new ones!! regards,Tina

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Maybe my ill health and the illnesses which beset my family make me a little sensitive to any exhortation to "throw away my crutches", Duns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit