Most hated Rules and Regulations

by Bendrr 24 Replies latest jw friends

• memphisbelle
    memphisbelle

why no 2 door cars ? For going out in service,it was better to have 4 doors so everyone could get in-out better. There was also an elder in my hall at the time who bought a new 4 door car and boastfully told everyone who would listen that this was his last car,,, his Armageddon car!! That was in 1978, I believe this guy has had about 5 different cars since then. What a hypocrite he was/is.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Ear piercings.

Hair braiding.

Shorts and pants. (Although we rebelled and did it anyway).

MUSIC! (I have to say that I don't want anyone on a platform telling me a genre of music I could or couldn't listen to, ridiculous).

Who I could befriend and talk to.

Masturbation.

Getting a higher education.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bttt.

Bangalore

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Okay, I'll bite:

First of all, my take on the two door car issue: It isn't so much of a rule as merely a stigma. That if you dare to be unkind to your brothers and sisters by making them strain to get in and out of your back seat, you are selfish and very un-spiritual. Man, some people sure looked down their noses at me for that! (I still miss my Mustang. The motor blew and I couldn't keep it. )

Other stuff I hate:

The clinking drinking glasses thing is utterly asinine. Just grinds on my nerves thinking about it...

No beards? Stupid. I could never wear one anyway 'cuz it's so tight and curly it would look like a beaver pelt glued to my face.

No tatoos? If your tats hide under clothing, whats the big deal? Don't have any yet but I'm considering it.

Rules about what goes on in the bedroom? Oh gawd! What is it with elders thinking they have a say in that?

Demonization of Smurfs. LOL

Anything to do with Field Service, period! I hate it when any kind of salesman knocks on my door. Trying to sell me on a religion is even worse. I sure feel like an ass for pissing off peolpe with JW Saturday morning antics. Thinking about the golden rule here.

V665

P.S. No steel rimmed glasses? What's up with that? Can anyone explain?

• EmergedAsMe
    EmergedAsMe

The insistance on ignorance and lack of education.

BTW this thread depresses me a little as I got baptized the year it began, and wasted my "college years" pioneering and other waste of time pursuits!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit