Normal Life.....

by Momofmany 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I was thinking of the watchtower study as I was siting in church today. My youngest two children were in the front singing "Jesus Loves Me, This I Know", in English, then in Spanish. They had these big grins on their faces. They were happy. They are accepted. They feel like they belong. They feel normal.

Six months ago, my children never heard of that song before. While we attended the kh, they never felt like they were wanted there, now they are happy "normal" children.

They, jw, are learning today, about normal life. Well, what's wrong with that.

What are you, or your family, now doing, that is normal? What can you do freely, without guilt, that you never could before?

• carla
    carla

How lovely! That brings back memories. I can remember singing that song! There's nothing like watching the little kids sing. They are loud and full of smiles. Each year they seemed to get a bit quieter and more serious. Feeling self conscious as they grow into young adults. Just normal kids.

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

I think that is very heartwarming.I know what you mean, having seen my kids in church as well.

I was just commenting though, on a nother thread, that there really is no "normal" life. There is life without the overwhelming burden that the JW's tie on the backs of their followers,and the ensuing guilt, and maybe that's what you mean, but there is little "normal" about this world we live in.

I have experienced self-righteousness and bondage from different so called Christian Churches, so JW's don't have the corner on the market. You still have to be careful to follow God and not man when looking for a place to worship with others. And I think there is a honeymoon period when you get free and go somewhere else, just be careful cause the enemy has people planted everywhere designed to suck the joy out of your relationship with God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit