Armageddon Car

by OnTheWayOut 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

How many of you bought a nice sedan, SUV, or even a minivan back in the days that you described as your "Armageddon car" that you would care for and it would last until the end arrived?

I was driving a 1974 Plymouth Volare Wagon in 1992 when I managed to get an 8-year old Buick Century. It was low mileage and had a very luxurious interior. The only reason I could afford it was that it had horrible pain "cancer," flaking of its burgundy color all over, especially the hood.

When I got that Buick in 1992, there were so many that asked if it was my Armageddon car. It was just a car. It's long gone now, as most others' Armageddon cars are gone now.

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

My Armageddon car was a 1975 Chrysler Córdoba with a moon roof and Corinthian leather (whatever that is). I bought it in 1984 and it only had 16,000 miles on it.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

An Armageddon car was a thing back in the day...sad but true. Every single car my family had since the late 1950's was an Armageddon car. My mother finally wised up in her '60's and bought herself a convertible because she had always wanted one. However, she remained a devout Witness. An ex-Hippie that I met back in 1976 after my return from Bethel had an old 2 door Ford Falcon that he had fixed up and dubbed his Armageddon car. He moved back to Maine to bring 'the good news' to his family and to try to save them from the coming destruction. Not one person in his family became a Witness and his Falcon is long gone to the junk heap. At 73 he has had more cars than I can count.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Retirement car. Not enough money to upgrade now

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

We bought a 1979 Chev Caprice station wagon in spring 1984. This vehicle was still like new. Only had 30,000 miles. Immaculate at the time. This was the vehicle too.....

To last to the ""end of this system of things".

Actually it was for a vacation to the US.

The '79 station wagon got totalled the winter of 1989.

Here we are in spring 2024.🙂

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

I don’t know about an “Armageddon car”, but I well remember an Armageddon set of tyres. Early in 1975, one of the congregation’s elders was certain that the set of rubber on his Fiat 125 sedan was going to see out the system.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

These little snippets of WT days gone by are always fascinating to me! 🤓 I suppose every group has its own jargon, catchphrases and idioms.

I know that if I had ever told my mother that I was going out to buy an Armageddon car, she would've been expecting me to be driving something out of Mad Max. 😱

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Don’t buy green bananas!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

A friend of mine bought a high-spec. Cooper S,, boasting that he would never have to pay it off. He wasn't the only one in that congregation who bought cars and houses that they couldn't really afford.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Dont buy any green bananas!!

LoL.

Yeah exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit