Pioneer Hours

by Etude 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Etude
    Etude

Does anyone know how many hours were required to be a pioneer back in or around 1970?

Etude.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Regular pioneer,100 hours per month...vacation pioneer I recall as 60 hours..

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Special Pioneer 140 hours IIRC. And in those days most Reg. and Sp. Pio's did GENUINE hours, no counting of Coffee breaks etc, or travelling time in most cases, it was HARD !

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    in most cases, it was HARD!

And no easy options like letter writing (for the average able-bodied publisher) or trolley witnessing (for anyone) either!

I don't even think they had reduced hours for the elderly and infirm back then, although I wasn't alive, let alone a JW, back in 1970 so someone might be correct me on that!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Phizzy12 hours ago
    Special Pioneer 140 hours IIRC. And in those days most Reg. and Sp. Pio's did GENUINE hours, no counting of Coffee breaks etc, or travelling time in most cases, it was HARD !

haha--MOST pios may have--but not me.

Start of day--knock a door--drive to group meeting. Time is now started. During day--coffee breaks--lunch provided by a congregation member " on a rota"--- visit sick members of cong--go collect mags from bethel delivery truck--light up old boiler for kingdom hall heating---more coffee --go shopping.

clock stops when i got home. 8 hours counted.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Like your style Stan!

I used to post a tract through a random letterbox on the way to the ministry group.

My time stopped when got back to my front door 8 or 9 hours later.

I never knocked any time off for tea breaks/lunch/calls of nature..;.even so, getting the lesser 90 hrs a month in the 1980's was a still a slog!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I remember in the late 70s and early 80s that a regular pioneer was 90 hours and an auxiliary pioneer was 75. I think I have that right. Before I faded, it had changed to 75 and 60? Or perhaps that was later.

• St George of England
    St George of England

My wife was pioneering in the late 1960's to early 70's, I'm sure it was 100 hours. The only reprieve she got was if someone invited her along to a BS with them.

I vacation pioneered in the early/mid 1960's and I think it was either 90 or 100 hours.

Of course pioneers and special pioneers got literature and magazines at "discount" rates so you had to put the hours in to "earn" it!

George

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    if someone invited her along to a BS with them.

BS meaning Bull Shit i guess ?

• Scully
    Scully

140 hours for Special™ Pioneers™; 100 for Regular Pioneers™ - don't remember what the quota was for Vacation™ Pioneers™.

But when they changed the title from Vacation™ Pioneers™ to Auxiliary™ Pioneers™ the quota went down a bit to 60 hours, which was meant to be a bit more achievable.

I remember one Brother™ bragged that he opened his bathroom window when he got up, and just as he went in the shower, he tossed a Tract™ out the window to start his Time™.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit