My latest letter to the WT organization

by Kosonen 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

May 14, 2024

Hello Brothers at the Writing Committee

Many brothers and sisters are wondering when will the end come? We were supposed to live in the last days of the last days as Brother Lett told a couple of years ago. We surely remember that and here is exactly what he said:

“So the events unfolding around us are making clearer than ever that we are living in the final part of the last days. Undoubtedly the final part of the last days shortly before the last day of the last days.”

But how accurate was that statement really? Would it not have been better to tell the worldwide brotherhood that we have a few years still left? Because now about 4 years have gone by since that statement by Brother Lett. Let’s be realistic, how many more years are we to expect before the battle at Armageddon?

Brothers are wondering: Where is the proclamation of “Peace and Security”? Since World War 2 the world became calmer and calmer with less and less victims of war according to statistics. But then the war in Ukraine started and the trend reversed. And then started the war in Gaza and there are rumors of wars that could ignite in Korea and Taiwan? So, realistically how far are we from the proclamation of “Peace and Security”?

One brother had an idea, simply put, after the Third World War when the UN gets the power, then they will proclaim “Peace and Security”. But how far away is that? Some geopolitical experts see how the world is evolving similar to the time during the previous world wars and according to them we will see much greater wars next year 2025 and after that two or three years more. So according to their estimates there will be at least a few years before we can talk about any “Peace and Security”.

What time does Revelation 6 refer to where it says in verse 4: “Another came out, a fiery-colored horse, and it was granted to the one seated on it to take peace away from the earth so that they should slaughter one another, and he was given a great sword.”?

The article 103 in the JW app says the following: “Is World War Inevitable?—⁠What Does the Bible Say?

During the past 30 years, many people have felt that the international order was stable and even improving. However, that view is being challenged by recent events.”

So a logical question arises: Does Revelation 6:4 really refer to the improving and stable times the world experienced the last 30 years? Or rather are we only now entering the fulfillment of Revelation 6?

Many feel that something is really wrong with the overlapping generation theory. 1914 has lost its relevance. We get neither cold or hot from thinking about 1914. A generation that witnessed 1914 was supposed to still be alive when the battle at Armageddon takes place. Would it not have been better when the previous doctrine about the generation from 1914 failed to discard 1914, instead of inventing the overlapping generations’ theory?

In addition, great portions of the world have been lifted up from poverty since 1914 thanks to machinery of every kind. And life expectancy has risen from 50 years in 1914 to around 80 years in many areas in the world today. In fact in 1900 life expectancy was only 50 years in the USA.

If Revelation 6 began its fulfillment in 1914 we should not have seen all these improvements in the world the following 100 years from 1914.

Also when Jesus told the dual sign of the last days, including the end of the Jewish system, it did not encompass a period of wars, earthquakes, pestilences of consecutive 100 years or more. The wars in Judaea began in 66 and ended 70. So in the first instance Jesus' sign of the last days lasted for 4 years. Maybe we can add to this the Roman-Parthian war in 58-63? But otherwise it was largely quiet and stable in the Roman Empire.

So following this model the last days Jesus spoke about in the sign of the last days should be about a relatively short time period of only a few years, and not about a time period of more than 100 years.

So this means also that the “faithful and discreet slave” has not yet been identified, nor has it been appointed over the domestics. Instead several of Christ’s slaves are trying to feed the domestics.

But a faithful and discreet slave will be appointed in the final few years of this system of things before the end.

The final years of this system of things relate to all the prophecies about 1260 days/42 months/ time times and half a time.

So when the Governing Body kicks out from the congregation anyone who dares to point to their erroneous teachings, they act like dictators common in the world. We have heard about many such tyrants that imprison or kill if someone dares to criticize them. Unfortunately the Governing Body acts in the same fashion. But Jesus told that by their fruits you will recognize them. Jesus and his apostles were not so narrow minded. In the first century there were for example Christians who were adherents to the law and circumcision and they were not kicked out from the congregation as apostates. There has to be mercy and patience. So, strict unity of thought was not pursued to such a fanatic degree in the first century Christian Congregation as today within Jehovah’s witnesses.

In vain does the Governing Body require that we put our trust in them for our salvation. And they misapply scriptures such as 2 John 9 were it says: “Everyone who pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. The one who does remain in this teaching is the one who has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him.”

2 John 9 does not speak about the teachings of the Governing Body, but the teachings of Jesus and his disciples.

It is so sad that the Governing Body has approved the use of two questions for the basis for staying in the congregation of Christ: Do you believe in 1914 and do you believe the Governing Body is the “faithful and discreet slave”? Did ever Jesus or his disciples instruct to do so, where in the Bible can you find that?

And where in the Bible can you find a Governing Body, in view of the fact that Jesus spoke of several slaves he gives talents to? Ask yourself also why were the Christian Greek Scriptures not written or authorized by a supposed Governing Body? Instead we see that different disciples and apostles of Jesus independently wrote the Christian Greek Scriptures. Every slave of Jesus worked independently under their head Jesus Christ. So anointed Christians are independent slaves of Jesus Christ and each will independently make an account for his work according to Jesus’ teachings.

We find only one occasion in the Christian Greek scriptures that a group of Jesus’ disciples decided something for all the congregations. We have no evidence that they would have acted as a continuous Governing Body.

Instead Jesus said this:

John 4:14 Whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty at all, but the water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water bubbling up to impart everlasting life.”

Governing Body surely likes this scripture:

Hebrews 13:17 Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over you as those who will render an account, so that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to you.

But this obedience is not to be absolut. Because the Bible also says:

Acts 5:29 In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.

Also John 17:17 Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.

So when we see obvious false teachings coming from the Governing Body we should not let us defile ourselves with them. In that case we will grieve the holy spirit. And lose our sincerity and become hypocritical.

The Governing Body should not behave as rulers of the world:

Mark 10:42 But Jesus called them to him and said to them: “You know that those who appear to be ruling the nations lord it over them and their great ones wield authority over them. 43 This must not be the way among you; but whoever wants to become great among you must be your minister, 44 and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of all. 45 For even the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”

146:3 Do not put your trust in princes, Nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation

1 Corinthians 3:11 For no one can lay any other foundation than what is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

The Governing Body compares itself with Moses. But Jehovah God has not spoken directly to them. And they have not performed signs as Moses. The only thing the Governing Body can show is what the Bible teaches, and that can I also do. So where is the difference?

And where is the Elijah, who will come before the end according to Malachi? I think we still have to wait for his appearance. We should not be so inpatient that we say that he came already about 100 years ago as Charles Russell.

Let’s ponder over who have been incharge of leading God’s people in the past. Before John the Baptist started to preach, who was spiritually leading God’s people? In fact it was the High priest and the scribes and the Pharisees and the Sadducees and the elders. That was Jehovah God’s arrangement at that time.

So this proves that if someone or someones are in charge of instructing God's people, it does not guarantee that all they teach is in accord with God’s will or automatically true.

I say that, because today the Governing Body are doing the same mistakes as the religious leaders at Jesus’ time. They are mistaken about their role and how they understand the end time prophecies, and in addition they persecute those who try to correct their false teachings.

It’s not good at all.

This is why Jesus warned:

Luke 12:45 But if ever that slave should say in his heart, ‘My master delays coming,’ and starts to beat the male and female servants and to eat and drink and get drunk, 46 the master of that slave will come on a day that he is not expecting him and at an hour that he does not know, and he will punish him with the greatest severity and assign him a part with the unfaithful ones.

Matthew 7:1 “Stop judging that you may not be judged; 2 for with the judgment you are judging, you will be judged, and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you.

Galatians 6:1 Brothers, even if a man takes a false step before he is aware of it, you who have spiritual qualifications try to readjust such a man in a spirit of mildness. But keep an eye on yourself, for fear you too may be tempted.

I hope you will correct your thinking together with the Governing Body and reap the blessings for those who are righteous.

But as an institution, the WT organization will fulfill prophecies in the Bible that tell about its fall.

Daniel 8:11 It exalted itself even against the Prince of the army, and from him the constant feature was taken away, and the established place of his sanctuary was thrown down. 12 And an army was given over, together with the constant feature, because of transgression; and it kept throwing truth to the earth, and it acted and had success.

It is silly to apply this to the past, to the persecution Nazi Germany inflicted on a small part of the Watchtower organization during the Second World War. Instead this prophecy is about the whole Watchtower organization during the last years of this system of things.

Also the prophecy in Ezekiel 34:9,10 will at the same time affect the shepherds in the congregations, because they have acted on the tyrannical instructions from the organization approved by the Governing Body.

9 therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of Jehovah. 10 This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: ‘I am against the shepherds, and I will demand an accounting of them for my sheep, and I will dismiss them from feeding my sheep, and the shepherds will no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my sheep from their mouth, and they will no longer be food for them.’”

From your brother who is also anointed,

• Bribie
    Bribie

Some valid questions and observations from you Kosonen.

Please let us know if and when you get a response. Your comments deserve

to be analysed and replied to!

• vienne
    vienne

I doubt he will get a response. I interviewed someone from the writing department. Among the things he said was, "We don't answer every letter we receive." But if they do answer, I'd love to see it.

A claim to divine anointing means nothing to them. Many claim that, and there is no way to prove it.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Interesting letter but I don't think anyone at HQ, let alone a member of the GB will read beyond the second paragraph.

The only people to read this letter will be members of this site and I must say I found it hard going.

George

• Halcon
    Halcon
    Kosonen-9 therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of Jehovah. 10 This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: ‘I am against the shepherds, and I will demand an accounting of them for my sheep, and I will dismiss them from feeding my sheep, and the shepherds will no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my sheep from their mouth, and they will no longer be food for them.

Kosonen, do you believe God is using you to accomplish this?

• Gorb
    Gorb

No chance and a wast of energy.

Gorby

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

If it is God’s will, I am sure they will read it. At least I have prayed about that. I feel that it’s important to inform them about their sin, according to the principle Jesus Christ laid out in the following verse.

John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin. But now they have no excuse for their sin.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/deaths-in-state-based-conflicts-by-region

Here are some graphs showing the number of deaths from wars since 1946. So all the deaths during the Second World war are not included in these charts.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

https://ourworldindata.org/war-and-peace

Here is more statistics about the number of deaths in wars between 1800-2011.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/deaths-in-wars

Here is the best chart in my view about the death toll in wars since 1800-2011.

So nothing remarkable about wars since the end of the Second World War. It's almost 80 years since the end of that war.

And we have to take into account the size of the world's population also when we think about how many died in wars since 1800.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit