Long way to travel to "service"

by gladdy 3 Replies latest jw friends

• gladdy
    gladdy

Arwen had a visit from a long time jw friend who now lives in the west coast. She showed her all the info about the united nations and wt, etc. and told her all that has happened in the past few months. This lady stated she came to PEI to do some finishing touches from her move to the west coast, but really wanted to see what was happening with Arwen. She immediately wanted Arwen to go west for a week or so, to get the "help she needed from the sisters and brothers out there" and it would get her back on the right track. She told Arwen to burn the papers she had in her hands about the United Nations etc...... and said it was all a lie, or men make mistakes. Arwen wanted her friend to take them with her and after she could barely bring herself to touch the papers, she agreed to take them stating she would burn them. Hopefully she may read some of it before she burns them, she thinks they were satanic. Does anyone think this Canada wide trip would be counted as servicing?? I am proud of Arwen, she is getting stronger with each confrontation. Bring it on!

• Legolas
    Legolas

I am so proud of her!

In the first place it is hard to even bring it up to some people and Arwen now has told a few ! But it is even more frustrating when they won't listen and go on with saying it is all a lie or then they try to rationalize it all out!

She did all she could do short of slamming a brick over her head to try to wake her up, and I guess that is all we can do. I hope she read the stuff before she burned it!

Way to go Arwen!

• gladdy
    gladdy

Legolas, I knew you wouldn't be far behind. I said to Arwen, I bet Legolas will type in a reply when she reads my last post. You are so with it, girl ! I belive the actual wording that was used was "come out west and we'll whip you back into shape". She better be willing to drag Arwen over this fat and fifty year old little body to do that! It has been too long a road..............

• ackack
    ackack

I remember once a number 3 talk given in my cong, where it was a householder vs these two somewhat crazy scottish sisters. (A mother daughter team. If one was on the platform, the other one would be. So 3 and 4 talks could turn into a threesome)

This talk dealt with apostate material. At the end of the talk, the sister used OVEN MITTS and a PAIR OF METAL TONGS to toss it in the TRASH CAN. A very funny moment.

As Dumbeldore says, fear the name increases fear in the thing itself. (or soemthing like that). I like Dumbeldore had been one of my elders. :)

ackack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit