Worst day of the year?

by void 4 Replies latest jw friends

• void
    void

Well everybody has one, more often than not, the influence we have from the org has affected us all. Even to the smallest decisions. For me it has to my my birthday, one of the 7 sins from the org. I still dont celebrate it, essentialy due to the fact i have nobody to celebrate it with. Because of the continual conflicts I have going on in my mind, I rarely tell anybody. So nobody knows. I live far from home and my month wont even phone me on that day, incase it is misconstrude. Getting older, no contact with anybody, feeling bad because something you left can still have such power over your life, fear of change and plenty of other feelings of angst and sorrow. Since many of you may have started celebrating your bd it many not affect you so much, but since the org plays so much on almost any reason to be happy, I am wondering what your difficult days are?

• horrible life
    horrible life

April 10. Paternal grandfather died, 1983. Maternal grandmother died, 1998.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Welcome V

and Happy Birthday !!!
    this year, past, and heres to many more!!
    Happiness is a state of mind - cannot be bought or sold.
    Do yourself a kindness
    and splurge!!
    Find something you can afford that you would not otherwise do.
    Like a massage, a new pair of boots, manicure, whatever !

I know as well as many here that there are several "worst days of the year"
    the WT manufactures and practices their anti-joy in the name of keeping all days the same
    but
    Today I'm going to treat myself (and my family),
    with a visit to a brand new counsellor.
    He's been recommended by a few friends, so I'm optimistic.

If today is not your bd, but you're thinking of the saddness surrounding it, you've already created and another bad day.

wp

• lawrence
    lawrence

July 20 - brother killed himself.

March 11 - wife died.

Every year, no matter whether I am in an office building, in the jungles of Central America, tripping on a beach, in the mountains, no matter where through the years, when those times of year come around -- I get very negative energy. It leaves as quickly as it comes, but is there every year.

For birthdays -

I play basketball that day and celebrate another good year, reflect on accomplishments, and what the next year's goals are. I have my favorite meal - tuna fish sandwich, chips, and milk with ice, and then a few shots of Appleton.

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

Lawrence,

I thought of not replying to this; but felt an overwhelming urge to do so. Eerily, I have been to all of the places you mentioned; and, strangely enough; both of those dates have significance with me. One good. One bad. I understand. Please feel it. No more comment.
    (Thank you void for bringing this topic up)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit