passage in a book I read

by julien 3 Replies latest jw friends

• julien
    julien

What the Cantos lacked in sales it made up for in negative reviews:
    "Indecipherable. . . archaic . . . irrelevant to all current concerns," said the Times Book Section. "M. Silenus has committed the ultimate act of noncommunication," wrote Urban Kapry in the TC2 Review, "by indulging himself in an orgy of pretentious obfuscation."

(M. Silenus relating reaction to his work "Cantos" in the [excellent SF] book Hyperion by Dan Simmons)

This was close to my reaction after Dunscott's initial posts.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Amen, Brother!

w75 9/1 519 Insight on the News One young promiscuous woman who received a kidney from her older, conservative, well-behaved sister, at first seemed very upset. Then she began imitating her sister in much of her conduct.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

*** w99 3/15 17 Teach With Insight and Persuasiveness ***
    6 Keeping things simple is another valuable teaching skill.

• Deacon
    Deacon

There are many pea-brained reprobates who want to impose tremendous hardships on tens of thousands of decent, hard-working individuals. One -- Dunny The Scot -- is so benighted, he deserves special mention.

First, the misinformation: Dunny suggests that his outbursts epitomize wholesome family entertainment. Where the heck did he come up with that? Do we, poor uneducated, unwashed members of the common herd really believe it?

To ask that question another way, why does he insist on boring holes in the hull of the boat in which he is also a passenger? No, don't guess; this isn't audience participation day. I'll just tell you. But before I do, you should note that his tricks are a craven orgy of blackguardism. In fact, I have said that to Dunny on many occasions, and I will keep on saying it until he stops trying to hammer away at the characters of all those who will not help him evade responsibility.

are you bored yet?

Incidentally, the only thing bigger than the chip on his shoulder is the grossness of his insults, so to speak.

The next time Dunny decides to peddle the snake oil of rabid fetishism, he should think to himself, cui bono? -- who benefits? (just in case the dictionary is missing..)

Quite simply, some of the facts I'm about to present may seem shocking. This they certainly are. However, if he opened his eyes, he'd realize that his factotums seem to be caught up in their need for enemies. Dunny's warnings are perpetuated by an ethos of continuous reform, the demand that one strive permanently and painfully for something which not only does not exist, but is alien to the human condition.

I cannot compromise with Dunny; he is without principles. I cannot reason with him; he is without reason. But I can warn him, and with a warning he must indubitably take to heart: If it were up to Dunny, schoolchildren would be taught reading, 'riting, and racism....in latin of course.

He claims that he is the one who will lead us to our great shining future. That claim illustrates a serious reasoning fallacy, one that is pandemic in his rantings. Then again, if you are not smart enough to realize this, then you become the victim of your own ignorance. Dunny is obviously trying to create massive civil unrest, and unless we act now, he'll unequivocally succeed. My goal for this post was to do what needs to be done, to put you to sleep painlessly and without further ado... Know that I have done my best while trying always to lend a helping hand. Let an honest history judge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit