Happy Thanksgiving Canadian Ex-JWs.

by gladdy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• gladdy
    gladdy

We usually celebrate this day on Sunday, we had the usual turkey dinner and had all 3 families together. I usually run around tending to the dinner etc,. it can get kinda loud but I am thankful for my family, my mother who lives in suite on our home and my daughter and her hubby and my beautiful grandchildren, Daniel and Daelin.: who live in an apartment downstairs, it is just like the Waltons....... and the dog that barks his head off if someone burps 10 miles away and my husband who works hard and left orders to have dinner at 5 because he had to catch the ferry to the Nova Scotia at 730. He drives a tractor trailer and works long hours and had to catch a boat to get off PEI for NS. I just finished the dishes and it is time for a beer now that I am alone. We are thankful for all the blessings we have and pray for others. This year we give thanks for my best friend of 30 years to be OUT of the jw's. God bless you all....... don't eat too much turkey.!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks!!! I had a great day also Had a new JW come for lunch... Showed her the video of False Prophets.... Then after taking her home ( had to drop her off away from her home as she didnt want her folks( jws still) to see this evil apostate.) I picked up my Grand daughter & Great grand child & went to my daughter ( she is out of the Org) but I still have one IN... >She dont talk to this evil apostate)

We had the turkey & all the trimming... Yummy!!!! I was allowed to say Thanks to God for all of it & I meant it!!!! Thanks for showing me FREEDOM!!!!!!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day. I hope you all got the day off.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day. I hope you all got the day off.

• Will Power
  • Scully
    Scully

We're having a quiet day at home, since it's raining and not the best weather to go checking out the fall colours.

I'm making a pork roast with potatoes and lots of fresh veggies. Apple pie and pumpkin pie for dessert with real whipped cream.

Gladdy, I wish you'd been on JWD a few months ago, before we made a trip to PEI on our holidays. I would have loved to meet you and the gang.

• shera
    shera

Happy turkey day to you too!

alt

• delilah
    delilah

Thankyou Gladdy....nice to meet you...I'm Delilah....We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday, (Sunday) as it always works out the best for all....It was a noisy event, as usual, but a happy one....I LOVE Thanksgiving weekend. Hope everyone else has a wonderful turkey day.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit