It's a sweep.......Next!

by Jourles 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• Jourles
    Jourles

The Cards just swept the Padres. Is H-Town next? Doesn't matter. The Cardinals have got the World Series by the balls this year...along with anyone else who happens to get in their way.

Jourles, member of the Cardinal Nation since '85

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Congrats! I'm a big baseball fan. I love the Braves.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I loved the Cardinals in the 80s. Tommy Herr, Terrry Pendleton, Vince Coleman, Jack Clark, and the pitcher whose name is so much fun to just say, Joaquin Andujar.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Congrats on your sweep. My Braves have to win 2 in a row to meet up with the Cards now. Hope they can manage it.

<---- Braves Loyal since '89

Kansas District Overbeer

• Jourles
    Jourles

Cyg, the mid-late 80's group were awesome. The Jackrabbits, as they were called back then --- Pendleton, Coleman, and don't forget Willie McGee, were the best double and triple threat base stealers at any time in baseball history. I loved watching them run a double steal. And how McGee always managed to turn a double into a triple with ease. Man they had the speed. Ozzie wasn't a slouch either. They were the funnest bunch to watch ever, IMO. No real power, but a single would usually turn into a "double" with the steals.

For some reason, McGwire had a great aura about him. Probably his attitude towards the game, I don't know. Tremendous power, even if it was helped out with *roids/*stine, whatever. Team bias aside, Bonds still doesn't compare as a hitter/team player. It probably helped too that when he broke the HR record, the entire nation was back into watching "the game." Major sports history doesn't come that often over that many years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit