New Teachings

by New Horizon 2 Replies latest jw friends

• New Horizon
    New Horizon

I'm New Horizon, just wondering if anyone has joined other religions after leaving the JW world? How has life been treating you? and far most importantly does anyone on this site believe in a god named jehovah or any god for that matter?

I have recently taken devoted my time in spiritual meditation. I have no desire in joining any christian religion to me all christian religions are perverse and a big waste of time. Don't get me wrong I do believe in jesus and in his father jehovah, i just refuse to serve or worship him in any church or religion. At this stage in my life I communicate with god by meditation, not prayer. I allow myself to come to a complete state of relaxsation.

Is there anyone out there that's practicing the same??????

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hi New Horizon,

Welcome to the board! Hope you stay a while and learn and share lots.

Regarding your question about religion, I found that a non-religious reference makes the most sense to me. I base my ethics on rational humanism, I love science and the natural world, and I have a strong drive to make the world a better place. So don't believe everything they tell you about non-theists. We're actually a nice bunch.

I know there are many on this board that have similar thoughts on god and spirituality to you, and of course there are many other diverse opinions represented here, so I'm sure you'll have an interesting time hearing from everyone.

Anyway, welcome to the board, and see you around!

SNG

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, New Horizon. I've taken a different path than you but I welcome you all the same. I like talking with people who practice differently than me. You might be interested in some of the postings of JamesThomas. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/member/7427.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit