how do i show my letter?

by sleepy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

I've writen a letter to the society on microsoft home publishing and I want to show it here but can't work out how to do it .
    does anyone know?

• Francois
    Francois

Have you tried a simple cut and paste?

Does the program you used have a "save as" html? If so, save your document as html and then cut and paste that.

I think.

F

• GodRules
    GodRules

Just copy and paste.

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Can you just copy and paste it? If it is a scanned copy, is it in the form a .jpg? If so, just upload it and paste the url.

Slayer

• Jools j
    Jools j

we're very interested to see your letter. copy and paste is a simple job.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Sleepy: I had some difficulty at first copying and pasting from Word, Works and other processors to a chat site. These sites still use HTML codes and other earlier basic command keys.

To COPY: Take your "left" Mouse Key and scroll over the area you want copied. You can either use Control C key (CRTL C) or click on your Edit menu and click on Copy.

PASTE: Pasting will almost never work with the Edit Menu Paste key in these forums. So simply use: Control V. This always works for me. Also, it will normally mess up the tabs and return key points found in your word processor page. So, be sure to go through and clean this up so the page will post nicely. It is not essential, just a nice thing to do. - Amazing

• sleepy
    sleepy

I know how to cut and paste but I don't know how to get it from microsoft to the discussion forum and into my message.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

You say you know how to copy so copy the text. Windows will 'hold' this on the clipboard... Bring up your thread and hit the reply button and when the next screen shows up there will be a box under your name, password, and Subject called "Message" Click inside this box and hold down the CTRL key and then hit the 'V' key. The text will be pasted into this box.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• somebody
    somebody

sleepy,

If all else fails, you could always e-mail it to someone you trust, and have them post it for you. They can just type something such as
    "sleepy's letter" in the subject line. Just a suggestion.

peace,
    somebody

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit