Vaccinations

by Pleasuredome 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

not sure if this has been brought up before, but thought i'd post it anyway. not only do the JWs have to ignore milk when it comes to the blood doctrine , now the are going to have to ignore vaccines.

check this out....

http://www.informedchoice.info/cocktail.html

• kls
    kls
    not only do the JWs have to ignore milk when it comes to the blood doctrine ,

Could you elaborate on the milk part? Don't know if i have heard this one.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Could you elaborate on the milk part? Don't know if i have heard this one.

Yes please do!

• TD
    TD

kls- Milk contains somatic cells primarily in the form of neutrophils --a type of white blood cell. Colostrum, which is produced in the first few days of lactation actually has a higher concentration of white blood cells than does blood itself.

Measuring the SCC (Somatic Cell Count) is a common barnyard thing anybody who has spent any time on a dairy farm has done. (e.g The CMT) An elevated SCC is usually indicative of intramammary infection. Current USDA standards for cow's milk allow 500K/cm3. Goat's milk is even higher.

Pleasuredome- Good point. The August 8, 1993 issue of Awake! explicitly acknowledges that allogenic blood is used in the production of the hepatitis B vaccine:

"These active immunizations include all the baby shots and the injections that are commonly considered as vaccinations. With one exception (discussed later), these do not involve the use of blood in any step of production?..One other active immunization deserves attention because it is the only active immunization made from blood. It is a hepatitis-B vaccine called Heptavax-B." (Emphasis mine)

The October 1, 1994 issue of The Watchtower amplifies on the subject of "baby shots" by acknowledging that blood products are indeed used in their production:

"Many find this noteworthy, since some vaccines that are not prepared from blood may contain a relatively small amount of plasma albumin that was used or added to stabilize the ingredients in the preparation."

Examples would include MMR II, MUMPSVAX, ATTENUVAX and MURAVAX II by Merck & Co. The growth mediums for these vaccines (e.g. Medium 199, MEM, etc) typically contain both human albumin and fetal bovine serum. Additionally the vaccines themselves contain human albumin as an adjuvant or excipient. Other examples of this include VARIVAX and VAQTA, also by Merck & Co., EOLARIX, INFANRIX, and GLAXO by SmithKline Beecham, PENTACEL by Aventis Pasteur, and Connaught Laboratories IPV just to name a few. The acceptance of some of these vaccines is virtually unavoidable in modern society.

• kls
    kls

Thanks TD,but i am sure a jw would think of this as not really being a part of blood . You know how they rationalize that this is fine because it is not Red blood,just as they do holidays and such.

Very interesting

• kls
    kls

Pleasuredome, great find and oh my my . Thanks

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous
    Milk contains somatic cells primarily in the form of neutrophils --a type of white blood cell.

Is that why PETA says milk contains pus?

So the Org had to wrestle with their "consciences" over whether to use vaccines which include "washed sheep RBCs" and albumin, but never made so much as a peep over components taken from aborted fetuses?

• Bryan
    Bryan

I never knew!

Varivax
    chickenpox
    Merck & Co., Inc.
    varicella live virusneomycinphosphate, sucrose, and monosodium glutamate (MSG)processed gelatin, fetal bovine serum, guinea pig embryo cells, albumin from human blood, and human diploid cells from aborted fetal tissue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit