20 Ways The Christian Witnesses Differ From Jehovah's Witnesses!

by J Mason Emerson 6 Replies latest jw friends

• J Mason Emerson
    J Mason Emerson

20 WAYS JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES AND CHRISTIAN WITNESSES DIFFER

JWs use magazines etc for studying the Bible; CWs use the Bible itself for reading. JWs stay focused on lots of rules; CWs focus on the principles of love, joy etc. JWs put the Watchtower organization over them first; CWs put Christ first. JW elders tell others who to shun/disfellowship; CWs have great freedom of association. JWs elders must send pedophiles preaching door-to-door; CWs do not.

JWs sometimes die from lack of emergency blood transfusions; CWs do not. JWs have a dictating top down hierarchy organization; CWs are a free fellowship. JWs primarily meet in kingdom hall buildings; CWs primarily meet in private homes. JW congregations are often large; CW congregations are usually small and more family-like. JWs are overall led by a Governing Body group of men; CWs are led overall only by Christ.

JWs have an organization worth billions; CWs fellowship without any overall financial assets. JWs most often pray to Jehovah; CWs most often pray to “Our Father” but can use Jehovah too. JWs cannot exercise much personal freedom of conscience; CWs can. JWs must preach door-to-door; CWs are free to preach however works including by kind deeds. JWs do not celebrate holidays; CWs can as their Bible-trained consciences permit.

JWs males fully dominate; CWs are a partnership of males and females one in Christ. JW elders are organization appointed men; CW elders are all reputable adults who serve others. JWs have their own Bible translation; CWs can use any reputable translation. JWs cannot start their own congregations; any CW can start a congregation. JWs require a long program of study to become a JW; CWs can quickly become CWs. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChristianWitnesses

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

JW's don't spam on XJW messageboards. You do. That's how you're different.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

ROFL

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

CRR - I found it interesting. I guess anyone can participate can't they in a discussion board? Is that 'spamming'?

Jeff

• twolips
    twolips

This is interesting for me too.

It is not something I want, but I have friends that are no longer apart of JWS and I think they would like to be apart of something with out all the organizational garbage and just uses the bible. I will pass it onto them.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

It's spamming if all you do is talk about your site.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/member/19748/topics/default.ashx

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Blah blah blah

The 'Jah Christian's' disappear, then come back, spam a little and disappear again. I guess it is the season for Spam.
    Actually now I think of it, Shelby is about due for some more of her unique proselytizing.
    If this Christ guy is so wonderful, deserving of our worship etc, could one of you peeps with connections tell him to lay off the typhoons, hurricanes and mudslides for a while? Thanks. I would think more people would be happy to praise Him for stopping all the innocent deaths much moreso than turning to him in sheer desparation while holding a dead child killed by a storm.
    But then again if it wasn't for death, war and suffering why would people need religion/god/Christ? So maybe I do see why this loving god/savior/christ allows it to go on.
    Uzzah - wondering how long the spam phase will last this time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit