WTS attack on Higher Education

by Ozner 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ozner
    Ozner

Dear Friends,

The recent attack by the WTS on Higher Education does me think about:

Beware everyone of using spectacles/glasses in the Kingdom Hall. It proves you can read. If you can read, you could be having Higher Education, and if you got Higher Education you could be able to think.

We have had this kind of situations more in history!

• Soledad
    Soledad

The WTS wants their followers to be stupid and ignorant. They prey upon individuals who don't know any better. I think about this and think about my mother all the time. In her case it's not that she wasn't educated but she was very vulnerable. A black woman in her country in that era could only get so far. Then here comes a slick salesperson selling her the all-racial-injustice-will-be-eliminated-just-around-the-corner deal and she bought it. She will never admit it now but I know that she was highly anticipating the end in 1975. She was pregnant with me and was so hopeful that I would even never know "this system of things," just the "new system." I often wonder-my mom wanted to be a school teacher before knowing the WTS-how different her life would be if she hadn't become a JW?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

LOL ozner!

i am the proud owner of some geeky glasses. the only glass-man out of my old wit friends. and lo-and-behold, i was the one who liked to read! and you'd never guess, but when i started reading with these glasses, i learned about the natural history of our planet and left da troof!

ts

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

According to a buddy of mine who is at Bethel Herd(GB) attacked higher education at the annual meeting. Meanwhile if you go to school for anything they need i.e. doctors, lawyers, dentists, mechanics, etc. you are givien a nice, cushy job at bethel instead of cleaning toilets 40hrs a week..... idiots!

• Gerard
    Gerard

This is one of the most moronic statements the WT has on record:

*** Watchtower 1969 March 15 p.171 What Influences Decisions in Your Life? ***

12 The influence and spirit of this world is to get ahead, to make a name for oneself. Many schools now have student counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a future in this system of things. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. This world has very little time left! Any "future" this world offers is no future! Wisely, then, let God's Word influence you in selecting a course that will result in your protection and blessing. Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry, with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service your goal. This is a life that offers an everlasting future!

If they could just explain how does attending to the Kinky Dumb Hall is going to pay the rent and put food on the table?

• metatron
    metatron

"Sic Semper Tyrannus" - anyone reminded of the Pol Pot regime? They singled out anyone with an education and killed them.

While the Watchtower isn't permitted to go that far, they are going ballistic on college.

There isn't going to be any Watchtower reform - and their anti-college dictum shows it. It is particularily galling to see them

rail against college while offering no alternative - unless you count a life of penurious magazine-peddling as a "life"

metatron

• Krisiva10
    Krisiva10

This also reminds me of my mother since only after I myself had graduated from highschool did I find out that she never had! Come to find out, my grandparents felt it was better that she spend her time pioneering rather than acquiring a valuable education. It infuriated me and I encouraged her to further her education and graduate highschool. She did but the years of mental brainwashing against using your brain to think outside of creating talks for the ministry school proved to be stronger than expected. She doesn't know how to utilize her education, be it small. The more ignorant and poor you are the better candidate you make as a sponge for irrational beliefs and behaviours. As for wearing glasses at the meetings, I personally used mine as a cover for when I dosed off. : )

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Its still working too, I have two bright nephews that are at Bethel, both easily college material, one slaving in the kitchen, the other doing some other inane task. Neither gave it a second thought, they were gung ho all the way.

• Jez
    Jez

Their are 2 things that stand out in my mind from university. I learned what 'critical thinking' meant and I learned that there is often no right answer as long as you can support your thoughts with facts and figures.

This is something that the society does not want you to learn because they don't want you to question, ask why or how is that possible, or prove it. They don't want you to think that there are many roads leading to the same place or that other religions COULD have 'truth' in them. They want you to believe that they alone have 'the truth' and unquestioning obedience is necessary for that to happen.

My favorite position...Jez

• Gerard
    Gerard

Remember that for the Crap Tower, it is all about self-preservation and, as any other American Corporation, to make profit.

Labor salaries is the biggest production expense, but delegating this task to "volunteers" who have no proffesion and therefor TIME, makes the WT one of the top 10 NY corporations, with earnings nearing $1 billion USD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit