Douglas Walsh Case

by Bluegrass Tom 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

I am trying to obtain a copy of the Douglas Walsh Case -Scotland 1954, or other court transcripts where GB Members took the stand and testimony was given pertaining to being the "Channel", "1914", the ability to translate ancient languages or other salient topics. I think there was a trial in NYC about the same period where some of these topics were covered.

If any one can direct me where I can obtain copies of these I would appreciat it.

• sf
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

I purchased my copy 15 years ago and forgot where I got it from.

I thought it would be Witness Inc. but I can't find it in their holdings. However, you can get the United States vs. Rutherford and the Moyle vs. WTS cases there.

If there are specific pages you want, I can scan them and post them in this thread.

• sf
  • Kaput
    Kaput

Leolaia:

Could you check your Walsh transcript copy on page 322 and tell me if you have all periods where "deserving of death" should be? That was Hayden Covington's response under cross-examination, but is missing from my National Archives copy which I obtained last year.

Thx

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I believe you are referring to p. 348.

Q. And as you said yesterday expressly, would be worthy of death?

A. I think - - -

Q. Would you say yes or no?

A. I will say yes unhesitatingly.

I believe the "- - -" is indicating that the attorney was interrupting Covington.

On p. 322 there is a discussion of Satan the Devil and his final doom and no mention of the words "worthy/deserving of death".

Do you mean something else?

• Kaput
    Kaput

Hmmmmmmm...

Your page is 348 which mentions the "worthy of death" response. My page 322 speaks of "unity at all costs", but then, instead of going into the "worthy of death" response, just shows 3 lines of periods. I'm wondering if there may be 2 transcript copies, each with its own nuances. Any way you could possibly give me links to your page on scan it in?

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

Thanks everyone for the leads.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

You can obtain a copy from:

Scottish Records Office,
    PO Box 36,
    HM General Office,
    Edinburgh,
    EH1 3YY.

Ref: Persur's Proof C5258/1958/2738

• Kaput
    Kaput

Does anyone have a complete copy of the Douglas Walsh trial that I might obtain a copy of? (I need the copy which has the phrase "worthy of death" on page 348.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit