144,000??

by What_is_ur_point 2 Replies latest jw friends

• What_is_ur_point
    What_is_ur_point

As long as i can remember there have been the 144,000. that number told to me and told to everyone in the witness religon.. (how many are left) why are the men just there at the headquarters..?

here's my thoughts.. I know of a woman who is part of the 144,000 and she doesn't talk to the rest of them at the headquarters.

This always has botherd me.. I wonder why wouldnt her thoughts and opinions be of some attention..one time wayyy before i was dfd again.. we were sitting talking.. and her name is ALICE.. and she lives in NH.. and we were having tea. and talking and i asked her a question about people. and she told me. "keep your eyes. and ears open" and she stared at me and stared at me then....she automatically changed the topic.

when after we were done visiting she grabbed me and she said.. "You are my friend." and it meant soo much to me..I'am a really good person.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Howdy,

well you have come across what is a well known flaw in the Faithful and Discreet Slave doctrine. Despite what anyone, including the Society might claim, the men and women who comprise the Faithful and Discreet Slave class (aka those earthly remainder of the 144,000) do not as a class or even in any significant portion have any kind of leadership role in the Organization. They have as much input as the Iowa farmboy that is mopping the floors at Bethel - or perhaps even less.

This fact is why over the past couple of decades the Society started using the addended phrase "the FDS represented by its Governing Body" when discussing leadership or Organization decisions. The use of just the "FDS class" alone would easily be recognized as an exaggeration at best and a lie (misrepresentation) at worse to everyone, especially members of that class.

The fact is that there are only two possible outcomes over the next two decades or so under current JW theology. Either Armageddon DOES come while some of the 8000 or so FDS/Annointed/Remnant/144,000 are yet living or (and frankly more probably) there will need to be MAJOR adjustments/abandonments of some key teachings and doctrines including the FDS doctrine itself and those pertaining to the 144,000 number.

This is inevitable if the Organization wants to survive into the latter half of this century.

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome W.i.u.p.

Or perhaps at some point the WT will declare the seemingly incompressible 8,000 figure to be a miraculous sign from heaven...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit