by truthseek 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truthseek
    truthseek

. Can any one give me their views on this

The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord is:

“Sit at my right hand

((((Until)))) I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

2 The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, [saying:]

“Go subduing ((((in the midst of your enemies.”))))

Acts 3:20 and that he may (((send forth))) the Christ appointed for YOU, Jesus, 21 whom heaven, indeed, must hold within itself ((((until the times of restoration of all thing))))

Luk 18:8, when the (((Son of man))) arrives, will he really find the faith on the earth?”

• Legolas
    Legolas

Truthseek...I am not sure what you mean, or what you are looking for.....LOL It is just probably just me, I just got up and am drinking my coffee I will check back a little later when I am more awake!

• truthseek
    truthseek

Psalms 110 is a very well known scripture.

But what you believe colours your interpretation

I have read this scripture without any preconceptions and it doesn’t seem to say to me what I have been persuaded to believe by the watchtower.

Also when you compare it to the apostle Peter’s explanation of the scripture Acts 3:20 this gives extra wait to my argument.

Like the Bereans who “daily” searched the Scriptures.—Acts 17:11. we must be aware that the watch tower publications are written by imperfect men that admit to making mistakes.

Therefore we must avoid following the herd, safety in numbers and all that, and make sure of all things and what we are being spoon-fed.

I’d like to add that I am only interested in finding the truth. I’m not interested in being assimilated.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't see how you CAN get through that passage without a few preconceptions. I'm not saying the JW's got it right, mind you. What do the following words bring to mind for YOU?

Jehovah

my Lord

right hand

Zion

enemies

Christ, Jesus, Son of man

heaven

the times of restoration

faith

earth

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Psalm 110 was an ancient Palestinian coronation hymn in which the king as representative of Baal was led to the sacred water source and reannointed. This may have been an annual affair. It has nothing to do with Jesus.

• truthseek
    truthseek

Hi

I was born and raised in the truth so I understand and agree with the meanings of the words you have highlighted except the (son of man).

This to me undoubtedly means (someone whose physical father is a human).

Going back to the scriptures, when I read them with an open mind they seem to suggest to me, that the writers were of the opinion that the liberator will be returning to us on earth.

For example (that he may >>>send forth<<< the Christ appointed for YOU whom heaven, indeed, must hold within itself >>>until <<<the times of restoration) and (go subduing in the midst of your enemies).

Where will Jesus’ enemies be during the times of restoration?

I know you can explain all this but things fit far better if you imagine the idea of Jesus returning to earth as the son of man.

Obviously I have not based my opinions on just these scriptures alone, there are many more like this. For example

John 16:13 However, when that one arrives, the spirit of the truth <not the holy spirit>, he will guide YOU into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own impulse, but what things he hears he will speak, and he will declare to YOU < the anointed> the things coming.

Please think seriously about what this scripture is saying, do’s it sound like the Holy Spirit is being described here? And also ask your self; is it like Jesus to intentionally speak in such a confusing way without the need? Also if he knew that his use of the word HE here would be used as the basis for belief in the Holy ghost part of the trinity, he would have avoided giving Satan some very useful ammo.

• truthseek
    truthseek

John 16:13

for he will not speak of his own impulse,

The Holy Spirit cannot do anything other than God’s Will. It does not have it’s own impulse because it is Jehovah’s impulse.

but what things he hears he will speak,

The Holy Spirit does not need to be told what Jehovah’s Will is as it is his Will.

and he will declare to YOU the things coming.

Jesus was speaking to his disciples who were the anointed but this individual will declare to them (the anointed) the things coming. This makes it clear that Jesus was not referring to the anointed but another individual in the above lines.

Who is the ‘he’ that would declare to the Disciples (the anointed) the things coming?

If this is the Holy Spirit, the previous two lines prove it not to be the Holy Spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit