witness relatives

by Ellie 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

My mum and older brother came over today, I don't think my brother would have come only my mum needed him to drive her, she only came to see my 8 week old daughter for the first time.

They stayed all of 10 minutes, then went to visit my sister who is still a witness, came back a couple of hours later, my brother stayed in the car while my mum said that my daughter is beautiful and then they left, without so much as a goodbye from my brother.

What an evil religion it is that makes people behave like that towards their own family, and I'm one of the lucky ones because I doubt a lot of you would even get that from their families.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, Ellie, still it is only second best but it does leave the door open for improvement. The attraction was your 8-week old daughter, eh? Hard for a grandmother to resist even if you are not "spiritual good association."

So have you decided if your daughter is going to have unsupervised visits with grandma when she gets older? Something to think about. Many on JWD tell stories about how their parents tried to recruit their grandchildren, even turning them agains their parents.

Congratulations.

Love, Blondie

• Navigator
    Navigator

In a wonderful book entitled "One Minute Wisdom" by the late Anthony de Mello, a Jesuit priest whose writings have been censored by the Roman Catholic Church, this account is recorded in a passage labeled Totalitarianism:

"In a conversation with a Bishop, the Master told him, much to the embarrassment of the Disciples, that religious people have a natural bent to cruelty. After the departure of the Bishop, the disciples asked the Master to explain. He replied:

"They are all too willing to sacrifice people in order to advance a purpose"

Does this not describe the Watch Tower and Bible Tract Society?

• kid-A
    kid-A

By their works you shall know them....... very sad indeed, but a classic JW mentality.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I recently read a quote (don't remember who it's from):
    "Never allow a problem to be solved to become more important than a person to be loved."
    I shared this quote with an elder who was like a spiritual father to me in my final email months before I disassociated. I got no response to my email.
    Your story Ellie reminds me of this complete lack of love carried out in the name of God. I understand your pain and disappointment. Hugs to you and yours.
    tp

• Es
    Es

arggg i cant believe familys can be like this. Im sorry you had to go through this its not easy.

es

• weinermcgee
    weinermcgee

Quick story:

My dad is still 100% loyal to his congregation, even though his entire family isn't anymore. (my mom, me and my brother) He would go out of his way to do anything for anyone in his congregation, but wouldn't turn around for his kids. We have never had much of a relationship even when i was a good JW, so we have barely spoken in 10 years. He gets cancer has to have an emergency operation with a 50/50 chance of living, the only ones there by his bedside were us, his immediate family, and his sister. I was so pissed off I said to him if you come out of this you just remember who is really here for you and who really cares about you. He lived and is partially disabled and still no help from the JW's he loves so much not even from the elder who lives across the street from him and owns a construction company. When my dad asked if he could fix a leak in his roof (paying fully for his services) as he cannot climb a ladder. His response; thats too small a job for his company call someone else. It breaks my heart that they stole my father from me all these years. I bet he would have been a nice dad.

What other group treats other humans this way to teach them to abandon family members over strangers? Makes me think of wild animals who eat their young.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit