So sad....

by betty boop 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• betty boop
    betty boop

I have a JW friend i grew up with who recently got married. Although, he and i were very close, when i left the "truth" we stopped talking and seeing each other due to the obvious. On top of it all, he moved to Jersey so it was even harder to see him.

On Tuesday morning his 21 year old wife (she was a JW) collapsed and went into a coma. Turns out she had a cardiac arrest. There is nothing the doctors can do. She's clinically dead and has severe brain damage.

ONe of my other friends went to the hospital to see him. I unfortunately couldnt make it last night, so i called her to ask how he was doing. She said he was surprisingly doing very well and was so strong. He said that "Jehovah sometimes lets these things happen" I was so upset at this comment becuase now he's going to go on living as a widower thinking that there was some point to this. That Jehovah has allowed something so horrible to happen to him and he should keep serving him

Anyone go thru a similar ordeal?

• joelbear
    joelbear

its overwhelmingly sad when something like this happens to someone so young.

people always seek a reason when there is none, its just a physical occurrence that occurred.

i find a scientific reason to be more soothing than trying to figure out why a "loving god" would sometimes let this happen. that must be mind numbing

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

That's horrible.

As for your friend, well, he's got hours days and years of thinking to do on this one yet. Jee-hoover the god of sickness pain death and worship-me-anyway may not get off so easy in the long run.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Sorry about your friend my deepest condolences (((((betty))))

"Jehovah sometimes lets these things happen"

Doesn't that statement go contrary to "Jehovah, the happy god" ? Maybe he meant to say "Satan sometimes lets these things happen".

Yes the standard JW answer is to blame it on the devil and these last days we live in.......sigh.

• jgnat
    jgnat

He's reconciling the tragedy the only way he knows now. If you want to offer comfort, keep an eye on him. The impact will hit him eventually, and he will need people around him that care. Think of Utopian Reformist who stayed strong for so long, then.....

It is great seeing U_R out and about again. That was a close call.

A similar tragedy struck a young couple in our church. On the way to their honeymoon, a semi rear-ended them. A suitcase hit the bride in the back of the head. She was in a coma for over a week, and the doctors did not hold out much hope for complete recovery. She did recover remarkably well, though her personality and intelligence was permanently muffled. She did maintain her sweetness, though. Through the whole thing I was so proud of the young man who essentially lost the woman he married within hours, stuck by her. He had to make friends with this essentially different woman.

I'd like to say happily ever after, but it was not to be. They got a generous settlement. She got the home of her dreams, and a child she dearly wanted. But I am pretty darn sure they grew apart emotionally, and she was no longer sophisticated enough to understand why. The toddler even managed to run circles around her. Over the years she looked more and more sad and confused. He went a little wild. I am pretty sure they are separated now.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    people always seek a reason when there is none, its just a physical occurrence that occurred.

This is true. I don't always think there is someone or something to blame in these type of situations. Betty, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad he still has his family and friends to help him heal. She was so young! jgnat, what a sad story!

• Es
    Es

Thats is so sad and really scary too at such a young age

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit