Sleep

by Evanescence 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Whats the longest hours you've been without sleep for?

Right now I havn't slept for over 24 hours....one of my friends havn't slept for approx 48 hours

I went to a sleepover and didn't sleep

So whats the longest amount of hours have you stayed awake for? did you have suger or coffee to keep you awake?

Evanescence

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

72 hours or so.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Parts of two days. I don't recommend it though. It will make you feel crazy and distort your since of time. The thing is though, spring chickens like you can handle it a lot better than middle aged crazies like me.

• ballistic
    ballistic

When I left "da troof" about 11 years ago, I went through a phase where I was really curious about drugs. One of the best drugs I tried was amphetamine. Unfortunately, I'm not the kind of person who can control drug use sensibly, so now I stay well away from most drugs. But I remember the "pain" of needing sleep real bad after about 3 days but not being able to sleep. My field of vision was broken down into seperate components so objects in the room would "break off" and float around as their own entity (in my head). The come down was real bad. It's not a good feeling when you need three nights sleep all at once but your heart is racing and certain parts of your mind working over-time.

• Ellie
    Ellie

About 6 years ago I went on holiday with my mates and we all went for about 3 days with no sleep, it was horrible, we were all hallucinating in the end, and then we'd start to drift off to sleep and would be woken up because we would imagine that someone was talking to us but there really wasn't anyone, I wouldn't want to do that again.

A couple of years back there was a Reality Tv show, I think it was called Shattered, were they put these people into a house and deprived them of sleep(I think for a week), it was cruel but very entertaining, in the end they put them all into a dark room and let them lie down on comfy beds, the person to stay awake the longest won.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yes, I remember "shattered". It was fascinating. Although I was disappointed when I found out they weren't really awake that long but were being given naps to avoid serious damage to their health. (probably on lawyers advice)

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Wow you all stayed up for pretty long ....72 hours wow?

I skipped a night of sleep and I am already dizzy and sick...also had my posts cut down to 5 temporary here *note to self to not post on forum when half asleep....can wake up almost banned....*

But I also have an annoying cold and all....

Oh dear... I am extremly cranky when i'm tired....

man that reality show was cruel! its no good depriving oneself from sleep.....

Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit