UN reiterated

by Oroborus21 0 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Greetings!

After what appeared to be some backsliding and softening of the view that the UN is the Beast of Revelation and a principal player in the GT and Armageddon, I was just reviewing the September 15, 2005 Watchtower and the article "Walk by Faith, Not by Sight", paragraph 13, reiterates the traditional view of the UN's involvement.

Some of the statements are: "Elements within the United Nations will be involved in the execution of divine judgment"..."Bible prophecy indicates that militarized powers within the United Nations will see religion as a disturbing element and will act to destroy modern-day Jerusalem - Christendom - as well as the rest of Babylon the Great." (Revelation 17:12-17)

I am surprised to see this as I thought the Society was finally recognizing how impotent the UN itself is.

I can hear some Cynics out there already wagging about how since it isn't an NGO any longer the Society can unleash the vitriolic verbage once again. Note the parsing of the military elements from the humanitarian elements. Expect future positive commentary of the latter from the Watchtower.

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit