We're back...we made it !

by Simon 4 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

Yo y'all...
    Well, our holiday has come to an end...we had a long flight back from sunny Calgary to dismal, raining, gloomy Manchester and the kids were terrific on the plane again (night flight to they slept most of the time).
    The country was incredibly beautiful, the people were very friendly and helpful and we all had a great time. It is NOT good to be back!
    It was really good being able to spend so much time with my Dad and meet relatives (nieces, nephews, brother-in-laws) for the first time. We plan to get out there again as soon as we can at least for a visit if not to live.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Simon!

Glad you and your wife and kids are back in town, so to speak.

With your type of business, I would assume you have some freedom of movement - perhaps continents of movement?

It's been quiet here - it would be nice to hear from you and your wife again.

Btw, "yo y'all" from a civil english blok just doesn't get it........I can hear the British accent all the way down south.

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks for the welcome waiting
    The 'yo' thing was just me trying to be all hip and trendy - it's probably not even called 'hip' anymore is it ?
    Since we've got back we've really noticed the difference in service and the prices that we pay for things. Did manage to get some 'gas' though which I didn't expect - there wasn't as big a queue for the diesel which means I don't have an excuse to stay off work on Monday (although I'm a contractor so if I don't work I don't get paid...three weeks off - Ouch !)

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

So, any plans to move to this side of the pond?

• Simon
    Simon

You bet !
    I'm printing off the immigration forms right now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit