How do you interperet being" no part of th...

by Vitameatavegamin 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

As JW's, we often hear the scripture about being no part of the world, you know the on where Jesus says" I am no part of the world, just as you are no part of the world".

I am curious as to what you're thoughts are on this idea, as a JW, you are always taught that you are automatically part of "the world" if you are not a JW. What do you think??

• philo
    philo

This verse of scripture is frequently cited by the WT, in calling for: political neutrality, non-materialism, religious seperatness, low education levels. Since it is so widely used, it doesn't amount to anything more than obedience rhetoric, a slogan.

When you examine the WTBTS's corporate activities, you see just how profoundly meaningless this slogan has become; barring one or two cosmetics, every way you look at the WTBTS, it IS 'part of the world' to the fullest degree. It's one of the first big contradictions I noticed as a dub.

philo

• jelly
    jelly

The first big contradiction I noticed was the teaching that organized relgion was a snare and a racket, while we Jw's belonged to one of the most organized relgions of all.

Jelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit