life after dfing

by happygirl 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• happygirl
    happygirl

I have been visiting this forum for the past four years and have gathered a enormous amount of info from all of you,thank-you.My husband was df'd eight years ago when we got together,I am not an jw,nor was I ever,we had a son then got married five years ago.Our son is now seven and the love our of lives,my husbands family has not only shunned him but also our little man who is the innocent one in this situation.His grandfather did come and visit with us once, but the rest of his sibblings and families have never inquired or seen our son.He is now starting to inquire about the rest of my husbands family who and where they are?Hubby's sister and family live five minutes away from us.How should we explain to a seven year old the situation without upsetting him?

• anewme
    anewme

Wow, that is a tough one. Why dont you try sending this heart wrenching same question to your JW inlaws?
    See how they respond to this sensitive situation. I wish someone from the family would step forward for the sake of this little boy's heart. If I was your sister in law I would love to have a relationship with your son!

My JW family is the same as your husbands. They probably love him and wish he would miss them so much he would return to the meetings. Why dont you pray about the matter? For the sake of your son.
    Sorry, I have no more advice than that. I know my family in the JWs are good people. They are in pain over my separation from them.

You could tell him his grammy and grandpa and others love him but they are far away and cannot visit.
    He could write to them a loving little note expessing his desire for a relationship. Perhaps they could write to him and send him a love gift.

Just my thoughts. As I say, if he were my nephew I'd be over there all the time giving him hugs and kisses.
    Some families are more relaxed about the dfing situation than others. One family, very loving and tight, had 8 members at various times dfd. But because they were all so tight they never shunned their loved one, just prodded and kidded and THEY ALL CAME BACK INTO THE ORG!!!
    I thought, why cant my family do that????? Whaaaaa!!!

So, I have decided that if this situation is ever reversed, I know what to do.

Love is the answer.

Best wishes.
    Anewme

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Welcome Happygirl!

I never did understand why anyone would ever treat a child like that either. It's sad he doesn't have all his relatives in his life especially considering they live so close by. It makes me sad for your little boy

I guess they are hoping if they shun him as well as your husband, it will make your hubby run back to them. What a wonderful example of love (not)

• Andrea Wideman
    Andrea Wideman

The best thing you can do for your son is to be honest with him about the situation. Let him know that he is very loved by you and others in the family. Make him aware that he is not the one at fault and did nothing wrong. He is better off not having them in his life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit