Exocet.

by Englishman 1 Replies latest members adult

• Englishman
    Englishman

Re the deletion of poster Alan F from this forum.

I have been in contact with Alan F and asked him to outline the sequence of events that resulted in his deletion. This is the email that I received. He has given me permission to post it wherever I choose.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Hi Eman,

In response to your request for the facts about the events which led to Simon's deleting me from JWD, here they are:

A few days after my deletion, I was pointed to a post that Simon made purporting to explain the reason he deleted me.

In that post, he never stated outright what it was, but implied that it was because of my "name-calling". That might

have been an influence, but the fact is that the actual and immediate reason appears to be that, after I sarcastically

pointed him in a PM to another poster who engaged in plenty of "name-calling" and challenged him to deal with that

poster ("scholar") the same as he had been dealing with me -- namely, by singling someone out for "special attention" --

in two PMs the next day we traded insults, and he failed to realize the hypocrisy of deleting someone for insulting

him back.

Here is the sequence of events as I see them:

In the wee hours of the morning of Wednesday, 31-August-2005, I sent Simon a sarcastic PM challenging him to deal with

the name-calling of the poster called "scholar".

Later that day, I made a few posts, the last one being dated "31-Aug-05 12:25". Shortly after that last post, Simon

sent a PM calling me "pathetic" and restricted my posting privileges to five posts a day. I made no posts to JWD after

that.

I immediately sent back a PM calling Simon a "scumbag".

I was able to log in to JWD all of that day and through Friday morning, as best as I can remember (after being deleted

I wasn't too interested in reading the board).

I didn't try to log in again until Sunday, when I found that I was deleted.

Since I posted nothing whatsoever after Simon restricted my posts on Wednesday, he cannot logically claim that he

deleted me for "name-calling" of JWD posters, unless he claims that he decided to 'upgrade' my restriction to deletion

for unspecified reasons. What he can do is claim that he deleted me for calling him a "scumbag". But that's too

hypocritical an admission even for Simon, because I merely replied in kind to his calling me "pathetic".

Feel free to forward this information to whoever you like.

Alan

*******************************************************************************************************************

So. The most heavyweight anti-Brooklyn poster on the internet gets banned for sending the owner PMs that he doesn't like. Gosh. So I was just wondering....

Which is of the greater value to the readership here? Alans well researched and meticulous posts or Simon's anti-American rhetoric?

I know..it's a hard choice, right?

That's it folks. I'm off. Hope you guys are able to make it to next years BBQ.

Announcements will be made elsewhere!

Englishman.

• Simon
    Simon

Mike

It is sad to watch you slip down into the mire that other people love to wallow in but I do know that you have been attracted to it for a long time. You have always liked battles and fights and used several multiple accounts on different boards to antagonise people and keep hostilities bubbling along. You are the cheerleader in a fight who doesn't want to get involved himself lest some blows land but want to egg on other people.

I wonder what your intention is of making this post and the others posting PMs and emails? Not to help the forum. Not to help the people on the forum. Not because you think there has been an injustice (because YOU always made a joke of deleting people didn't you?). No, you have done this to satisfy your own perverse need to see a fight and stirr up other people.

As I've always said though, people do not change personalities on discussion boards but rather their true personalities ALWAYS come out in the end. I think you are showing people what you are really like.

It is rather sad and pathetic that by your own admission elsewhere, you spent time planning when to make this post! Working out when different mods were asleep or otherwise engaged ... does that make you 'clevel' or childish? I think combined with your spree of posting PERSONAL Messages elsewhere (but not the ones you send me I note) that it makes you a bit of a prick.

Now, as for the topic of this post you are clearly missing the point.

We have standards. The standards apply to everyone. I am not here to be some emotional punchbag for any arrogant condescending asshole, however many essays they have written.

AlanF has RIGHTLY been asked to stop insulting people, especially new posters, who simply disagree with him or even ask a question. Far too often people are told that they are dumb or stupid or too stupid to understand his amazing utterances. Well guess what? Maybe they are not. Maybe they just don't agree. He needs to learn to live with it and stop stomping around calling everyone like that a troll who should be deleted (that's a bit ironic isn't it ... you don't seem to object to posters being deleted if AlanF wanted it do you?)

Again, unlike most normal people who, if they are asked to tone something down, just say "ok". He simply switched to sending insulting PMs to me after ignoring very polite requests from Angharad and sending condescending "shut up little woman I am a elder"-type PMs to her.

Like you, he then decided to make himself look a little silly IMO by looking for some poster who described someone elses comment as "stupid" and then insisting that they be deleted. I simply replied that he was being pathetic and of course got more names in return.

Now, what has actually happened is what you wanted - if people broke the rules then they were timed out. His account was deleted for a short time and then reactivated. He knew he could log on and had logged on because a) I can see it in the logs and b) he has been copying all his PMs elsewhere (I guess that makes him sad like you eh?).

If he has decided that he cannot contain his behaviour and refrain from harrassing the same people and calling names then I have no problem with him choosing not to post here - I think its the best thing to do.

Yes, he has written some great posts. He's also, like many of us, written some absolute tripe. We don't run a points system here - you don't get 'let offs' to insult and harrass people just because you have made a good post.

I think you are losing sight of what the core reason that the site is here for and who it is here for. But then, you haven't been to a meeting for many many years have you Mike? I can't really work out why you hang round exJW boards after so many years out. That itself is kind of sad but of course it's your choice.

Thanks for the things you did on the forum that helped and good luck with the BBQs etc.

Take care and go see the doctor and ask him to either change your medication or increase the dosage

No doubt you will be back on here shortly with another duplicate account though, but in the meantime ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit