You Can Live Forever In Paradise On Earth versions

by TheApostleAK 2 Replies latest jw friends

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

You Can Live Forever In Paradise On Earth

Version 1: Has the original pic of the lady with a pink dressing gown(?) on page 235ish (pic with goat photo in background). That pic got canned cos Asian readers got offended by it. Released at convention. 1982

Version 2: No dressing gown pic. Released approx 6 months later. As far as i've read, it has no content change from version 1. 1982

Version 3: No dressing gown pic. Minor (not many) changes. "New light" on Sodom and Gommorrah (don't know any others). 1989

The Apostle AK

• Francois
    Francois

Forever is a long time to live anywhere. If the WTB&TS can't get conceptualizing a hundred years down, how on earth will they ever conceive of eternity?

I frankly don't believe that we were meant to live an immortal life on a paradise earth. I think we were meant to live an immortal life as spirits throughout an infinite universe. Now, THAT would be an adventure! That would require an immortal life!

And that would also mean we would have to evolve, yes evolve, from an animal-origin being of physical evolution into a perfecting spirit of universe dignity...a true child of God. And when we achieved that status as first-stage spirits, we really would have removed the "mark of the beast," the vestiges of our animal origins on a physical world.

Now that's something I could happily contemplate.

A thousand years with Jehovah's Witnesses? I'd rather be dead.

Francois

• chappy
    chappy

"And that would also mean we would have to evolve, yes evolve, from an animal-origin being of physical evolution into a perfecting spirit of universe dignity...a true child of God. And when we achieved that status as first-stage spirits, we really would have removed the "mark of the beast," the vestiges of our animal origins on a physical world."

Hi Francoise,

How do you think this evolution from animal to spirit would take place? Will we be transformed immediately after death? If it's an evolutionary change, what kind of intermediate form would we take?
    I know this it's speculative and I'm not necessarilly disagreeing with you; just curious about what you think.

later,
    chappy

Personally I think we existed as spirits before we became human.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit