Ireland anyone?

by AuntieJane 4 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

I am so excited. My husband said we could plan our first trip to Ireland in the spring. We'd like to rent a house (not luxurious) so that our kids can join us. This will be a Christmas gift; they can get their airfare, we'll provide the house and some meals.

Does anyone live there or have experience with travelling like this? We thought we'd rent a week and do day trips, and possibly an overnite or two if we want to go a longer distance at the end of the week.

AuntieJane, who is doing a jig with excitement!

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

have never been but its meant to be gorgous, you should try andset a night aside and have a mini apostafest! would defo be up for that xxx

• anewme
    anewme

AuntieJane, I would be so interested to hear EVERY DETAIL of this planned trip!!!!
    I got to go to Ireland for 5 days when I was 14. My aunt treated my brother and I to this wonderful European holiday. My memories of standing on the southern Irish Coast finding huge shells in the sand, and of visiting really old churches and being invited into a real Irish home with 8 people living there and they served us tea (we were strangers mind you), and being kissed on the cheek by the most handsome Irish lad I've ever seen.....well Ireland rates number 1 with me!!!!!!

Please keep us all informed of the arrangements as many of us would love to visit as you are doing!
    Congratulations!
    Anewme

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

w00t w00t w00t!!! How lucky you are! Yes, Please keep us informed of your plans. I'm sure someone here in the Brittish Isles will be able to point you in the right direction.

You might check out some of the house swap programs out there

http://www.sunswap.com/easysearch.html

http://www.swapnow.com/

Kevan's family has done this a couple of times with good success. I don't know what company they used to swap with, but I found the above links.

• thom
    thom

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I'm jealous :) I hope you have a great time!
    I've never been to Ireland. I used to travel to Scotland for business and I loved it. I hope to get to Ireland sometime, but it'll have to be on me as I don't travel outside the U.S. for business anymore :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit