GHOSTS ON TRIAL

by Mackin 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Mackin
    Mackin

Just saw this on the JREF website: www.randi.org
    Apologies if its been posted before.
    -------
    GHOSTS ON TRIAL
    Several readers sent me an account of the owners of a Japanese restaurant in California, Christopher and Yoko Chung, who had planned to move into their renovated building in October 2004, but then backed out of the lease because, they claim, the building is haunted. They’re being sued by their landlord.
    The Chungs' attorney says subcontractors provided several documented reports of having seen ghosts or apparitions in the restaurant at night. The attorney also says Mr. Chung's religious beliefs – he’s a Jehovah’s Witness – require him to "avoid encountering or having any association with spirits or demons."
    The 2.6 million dollar lawsuit filed by the landlord last month in Orange County Circuit Court asks a judge to decide whether the building is haunted and, if so, whether the ghosts would interfere with the restaurant's business. You see the difference in attitude here? If that were my joint, I’d publicize the spooks. I’d feature Egg Fool Yu, Bad Fortune Cookies, and Spirit Peking Ah Choo. I’d have séances twice an evening, and free acupuncture via resident porcupines. There’s a fortune to be made here!
    What interests me here is that it could end up being the judge who determines whether there are ghosts in the building. What’s his expertise? Will he subpoena some otherworldly citizens? What "expert" could be brought in to investigate this? Who ya gonna call? The JREF? Obviously, all the local psychics will be vying for attention here, though hopefully the judge will have sense enough not to fall into such a trap.
    ---------

Mackin

• Mary
    Mary
    What interests me here is that it could end up being the judge who determines whether there are ghosts in the building. What’s his expertise? Will he subpoena some otherworldly citizens? What "expert" could be brought in to investigate this?

I say the judge should spend a couple of nights in the hotel by himself to see if he thinks it's haunted. In this case, I have to side with the Dubs........there's no frigging way I'd be moving into a place that was haunted. The owners should have to divulge this information when they're selling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit