My very good friend Joelbear

by Cygnus 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I first "met" Joel in the old JW-oriented AOL chat room before JWD existed and when H2O was still in its infancy. We're talking January/February of 1997. I liked him instantly and have maintained a somewhat distant friendship with the man ever since. Recently he demonstrated what sort of man he is by sharing very generously with me in a time of need I'm experiencing. Joelbear may not like himself or how he treats others right now because of his inner demons, but if I'm to be asked, I believe him to be a man of impeccable character, very intelligent, charming, and spirited. I'd feel blessed had he been my older brother.

Cheers to you, my friend Joel!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Yeah, that sounds like the guy I've met just this year on JWD. Its a privilege to have met all you folks.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I love Joel!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Absolutely. Joelbear was one of the few people who welcomed me in the beginning when I was coming out of the JWs. He talked to me when I was unsure and scared. I'm glad to have met him and can identify with his problems. He can get past it, only because he cares, and it his kindnesses can only be revisted to him.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Cygnus,

That was very nice! Joel is a great guy and I find him very compassionate. His posts are always good and I hope he conquers his inner demons and finds peace.

HD

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

here,here!

joelbear was one of the posters I always looked for in my lurking days of JWD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit