How Jehovah's Witnesses will Save the Pledge of Allegiance

by Oroborus21 1 Replies latest social current

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Greetings!

The federal judge's new ruling that the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstituional because it includes the words "under God" will ultimately be reviewed by the U.S. Supreme Court. (Previously the court did not consider the merits of the argument due to a technicality.)

There are lots of arguments for and against the issue which may be raised but one of the most forceful will be that voluntary recitation of the Pledge does not consitute "establishment of a religion" in violation of the Constitution BECAUSE IT IS VOLUNTARY and students may not be COMPELLED to salute the flag or recite the pledge of allegiance. This right was established when Jehovah's Witnesses triumphed in their case in Barnett v. West Virginia Board of Education.

For this and other reasons the Court will most likely conclude that voluntary recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance does not violate the U.S. Constitution.

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

• IW
    IW

I agree.

The flag salute is voluntary. Those who do not wish to say, "under God" could either skip those two words or just stand as the JWs do and not recite the pledge at all. Atheists who support this venture have neither a religious law which bars them from saluting nor a government law which compels them to salute. This whole thing is an exercise in: "I want what I want just because I want it!" thing.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit