Texas Hold'em

by cab1000 4 Replies latest jw friends

• cab1000
    cab1000

Any one else out there that loves this texas hold'em game? I played in a tournement Saturday, and lost about $160.00. Fifty dollar buy in, and twenty dollar rebuys. There was over fourty people there, and they paid out the top five winners. I lost pretty early. These people were playing for cash, and they meant business. I like to play for fun, with like five dollar buy ins...

Anybody else like to play? Live in northern Indiana?

~cab

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Love to play. I played lots of home games when I lived in Cali. I moved to KC recently. I am supposed to play a home game on Saturday $20 buy-in. I'm out of practice. Hope I do well. The proceeds go to charity, so I'm happy to win or lose

• cab1000
    cab1000

Good luck! Does all the winnings go to charity? That would be cool. Have fun!

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Yeah. All of the winnings go to charity. (My first charitable event since leaving the org) They are giving away a few really cool donated prizes for the top 3. Thanks for the well wishing

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

At my old church, our Sunday School class (full of young professional singles) would have an Annual Mission Poker Night. All the guys would get together with their visors, cigars, and single malt scotches and play with a $20 buy in. Winner for the night would donate all the winnings to his charity of choice. Pretty cool. Usually several hundred dollars were rounded up for it. But since we were at a Baptist church, we had to keep the whole gambling/smoking/drinking thing on the DL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit