Ghosts halt restaurant deal- JW related

by kj 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kj
    kj

Ghosts halt restaurant deal

September 9, 2005

ORLANDO -- The landlords of an entertainment complex are suing two restaurateurs for refusing to move into a building because they say it's haunted.

People who worked at the building have reported seeing ghosts or apparitions, said Lynn Franklin, attorney for the restaurateurs. "It's very serious," he said Thursday.

The lawsuit filed by owners of the Church Street Station says an offer of an exorcism was refused. "I asked them if these were good ghosts or bad ghosts, and if they were good ghosts why it was a problem," said David Simmons, an attorney for the building's owners.

Christopher and Yoko Chung, the owners of Amura Japanese Restaurant, backed out of the lease.

Franklin said Christopher Chung's religious beliefs as a Jehovah's Witness required him to "avoid encountering or having any association with spirits or demons."

By the Associated Press

• kj
    kj

I know this is listed under the wrong topic- can someone move it? Pretty please

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sounds like story line for one of those lighthearted U S law firm series. Life is stranger than fiction.... I would have thought it better to argue on a businesslike basis. Since this seems to be commonly known locally the property is unsuitable as a business premises. . Quite enough to put off the customers who do not want spirits upsetting their sushi.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

And yet they claim to be free of the harm caused by superstition.

having any association with spirits or demons."

Like playing cards or going to a company picnic?

• Perry
    Perry

I bet ole Freddy Franz wouldn't have been scared to eat from the table of deeeemonzzzz!

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Heck...Rutherford would have asked them for new light or at least to get him another round of drinks!

Jeff S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit