Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

by Quotes 354 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Wow this is getting serious...

Quotes, I understand this is quite a hard time for you. I think there are very strong arguments in your behalf though, but perhaps it is not wise to discuss them publicly. I'll pm you.

• undercover
    undercover

Wow is right... hmmm... it posted itself before I was done...weird anyhoo...the site must really be getting to them. If it wasn't they would just ignore it. Let us know if we can help in any way.

• sir82
    sir82

Your World Wide Work donations at work.

What was that announcement last Sunday?

"Oh, did we happen to mention, if you want to contribute to Hurricane Relief, just donate to the World Wide Work, and whatever you do, don't mark it as reserved for hurricane relief! Just give us the $, we know best how to direct it!"

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    31. The Defendant’s main purpose in operating the website is not “fair use”, but rather to try to embarrass the Plaintiffs by quoting selectively from some of the Religious Works in a manner that misleads Internet users as to the teachings of Jehovah’s Witnesses in .

"try to embarrass" them by repeating what they've said over the years?

"mislead Internet users as to the teachings" by quoting from their publications?

The suit is laughable, there's a "WTF?!?!" on every page.

What kind of publicity are you looking for? If I do an article on this on my site, it will hit Google News and hang there for a month. If you want that, I'm sure I can work something up. Just lemme know.

Dave

• rebel8
    rebel8

I will put up a notice on my site if you want too. I don't get as many hits as the other sites, but it might help. Let me know.

All of us with sites should go and sit in the audience at the trial, if there is a trial.

• avishai
    avishai

Bastards.

Time for another press release. And this one will be hilarious. Especially because of their own words.

• JH
    JH

Hey Watchtower Org....Would Jesus have sued Quotes?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Why is it that it's not okay to sue "brothers" for things they're guilty of, but OKAY for them to sue someone that isn't a brother but perfectly innocent? I don't get it.

• Scully
    Scully
    damages for breach of contract and breach of confidence in an amount to be determined prior to the commencement of trial;

"breach of contract"? Are they referring to your baptism? Surely you had no signed contract with them, and SURELY they do not want ANYONE, particularly the courts of the world, to know that they consider baptism to be a contractual agreement between Joe or Jane Publisher and the WTS. AND most CERTAINLY, they do not want to be caught out for permitting minors to enter what they are considering to be LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACTS.

"breach of confidence"? Since when are JWs supposed to keep The Truth™ confidential?

• alamb
    alamb

I'm with Avishai...a press release.

I wonder if they'll soon be coming after those of us with extensive libraries who scan and send out their embarrassments. Information is power....they're proving that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit