Great section/quote from Joseph Malik's book Beyond the Watctower

by Cygnus 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

This was brought up briefly in another thread maybe a week ago. Here's the part of the book that I liked:

Pg. 84 Capter VII

"As our studies and research continued, we looked forward to the summer assemblies with more anticipation than ever before, looking forward to changes being made in doctrine. It was traditional with the Watchtower Society to make major doctrinal changes at its District Assemblies, with few exceptions. The one that we attended in 1977 was held in Greensboro, North Carolina. While we were there, I made it a point to go to the administration department to talk with one of the society's directors and a member of their 'Governing Body.'

I did not know him personally, but years earlier I had purchased a Bible Encyclopedia and a few other books from his wife, who ran a mail-order book business at the Kingdom Farm where they lived at the time. One of these books was The Four Major Cults, by Hoekema, that contained a section against Jehovah's witnesses. Material of this kind was not permitted in Kingdom Hall libraries, and it was interesting to me that he and his wife sold such material on the side.

When I introduced myself to him in the administration-office, he ushered me outside the door. Then, punching me repeatedly on the chest with his finger, he said, 'We kicked that letter of yours around quite a bit,' and continued by saying that the answer to my questions about the Kingdom would be explained in the new book to be released that afternoon. The Kingdom was in three phases, he said, and he gave no explanation as to why my letters had gone unanswered.

There was nothing loving or kind about this man, and it was not surprising to me that the information he gave me at the time was not correct. I wondered to myself if the others were like that!"

Joe's book has never received the credit it ought to have, in my opinion,

Also I just got off the phone with AlmostAtheist, great guy, I look forward to speaking with him again. :)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I just got off the phone with AlmostAtheist, I look forward to speaking with him again. :)

Same here, a good time was had by all! ;-)

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

how do you punch someone with a finger?

• VM44
    VM44

Does anyone here know who is this person that ran a book mail order business from the Watchtower Farm in the 1970s?

Somebody here must know who this is!

--VM44

• Grouper
    Grouper

What letter is he refering to? What does it say?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

i suppose if you curl your finger inward your could punch someone or something with the knuckle... in fact when I had a car that's how I'd press the buttons on an ATM, holding up one hand with the other and punching the keys with my knuckle

Joe wrote tons of letters to the WTS. I'd recommend you go to his website and download his book to find out the details.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit