My list of 32 questions-Part B

by Goldminer 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

1.Do we approach God through Christ(Jn 14:6)or through his organization?

2.if the "faithful and discreet slave" was put in place in 33 C.E. to disperse the "proper food at the proper time" ,thrn who,or where was the "faithful and discreet slave" from 100 C.E. until 1874 C.E. ?

3.Since history is not silent on religious developments,why is it nothing can be found that fits the WTS' description of an entity or organization feeding spiritual food to all christians earthwide?

4.If Charles taze Russell was seeking the "truth",why didn't he seek out or approach the "faithful and discreet slave" ?

5.a)Why did the WTS once teach as "truth" that 1874 was the date for Christ's return?

b)Did Jehovah want his people to believe one thing as "truth" for X number of years before he shed light on a new "truth" ?

c)If you are not teaching a truth are you teaching a lie? WT 91 12/1 p.7

6.If Jesus returned in 1914,why do we still celebrate the memorial? 1 Cor 11:26

7.Why do we offer our prayers in Jesus" mane if he is mediator only for the anointed?(144000) approx.8500 people on earth today.

8.Why does secular history not agree with 607 B.C.E. as the year of Jerusalem's destruction?

9.Why are the WT publications printed prior to 1951 not readily available to all Jehovah's Witnesses? Why do most kingdom hall libraries not have these for personal study or examination?

10.Do JW's take part in any practices,customs or celebrations that have pagan origins? AW 03 9/22 p.23-24

11.Why did the WTS associate itself with the United Nations as a non-governmental organization? Would this be considered a compromise of integrity?

12.If we need the "faithful and discreet slave" to understand the bible,was the Catholic church doing its members a favor when it prohibited them from reading the bible?

13.Why do we attend assemblies in a Catholic school? Would this be financially supporting false religion?

14.If Jesus began ruling in 1914,does that mean there is only 909 years left in his 1000 year rule?

15.Since the WT was wrong in the past about many of its teachings and the light continues to get brighter, how do we know that the current teachings are correct and won't change?

16.Why is it if someone has doubts or changes his mind about a teaching, he is considered "weak"; if he speaks up about it,he could be labeled an "apostate" and disfellowshipped, but when the WTS changes their mind about something it's simply called a "refinement" or "new light"?

Well there you have it,it's 31 questions not 32,sorry.I handed these over on august 24th and I will wait patiently for answers.As many of you have already said,I am wasting my time and that is how I feel about it.I'm just hoping that maybe something will open my wife's eyes and that we can move on together without the WT.

Goldminer

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

some thought-provoking questions. helps me to remember why im an apostate! APOST-ON BROTHER!

bethel

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

FWIW - The elders might feel you're trying to confuse them if you skip around to different subjects and use this to duck the discussion. If you have time to waste, you might want to group some questions together like you did for #5: 1 & 7 ~ 2 thru 4 & 12 ~ 5, 15, 6, 14 & 8 ~ 10 & 13 ~ 9, 11, 16

• rem
    rem

Goldminer,

Great questions... reminds me of my "questions" document that I posted years ago and gave to my father. He immediately sent them to his local elders which created quite a stir. Fun times!

Ah the memories...

rem

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I agree with ingenious. Great questions, but try to get some sstructure to it, group them together according to the themes, or they might try to say that you`re trying to confuse them/flood them with questions and information. If they have to get into an in-depth discussion on some issues, that will have more profound effect, both on the discussion as a whole, and who knows, maybe even on themselves.

• gringojj
    gringojj

I once gave the elders about 30 questions, but I did it a bit differently. If you ask open ended questions like why did? or how come? then it leaves the answer open to all sorts of spin and needs a big explanation. All but 1 of my questions were simply yes or no answers. It went kind of like this:

1. Has the WTS ever claimed to be a prophet? (This is a tough question, if they answer no, they are lying and I just have to pull out my old wt quotes to show them, if they say yes, well then thats why I asked the next question)

2. Is the WTS a true prophet? (How the hell can they answer this one now? If they say yes, then we know they are false prophets. If they say no, then they are admitting they are false prophets!)

I had 30 questions all in this format. Sometimes one question like the one above would lead into the next one, sometimes it would just be a solo question. I wish I had saved them all.

If you asked an elder the questions above, the most probably answer would be "its not that simple".

But it is. The wts simply cannot answer these simple yes or no questions. They have to spin it all around, much like politicians.

Break the questions down into the simplest forms. Its funny, the elders never answered my questions. They told my wife they felt I had been talking to apostates. Later on they told her it was "unfair" of me to ask the questions in only yes or no format.

AAWWWWWW. The poor elders. Always getting picked on by the big bad apostate bullies. Sorry I feel no pitty for them.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Thanks, I'm going to ask a couple of those on my next bible study,

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

5.a)Why did the WTS once teach as "truth" that 1874 was the date for Christ's return?

and why was the teaching of Christ's return in 1914, not taught until 1943 (the truth shall set you free), why did it take the faithful and discreet slave class 30 years to figure this out, but during 1914-1942, they taught the end in 1942, the end in 1925, Beth Sarim, etc. If the faithful and discreet slave class had special knowledge of this, then why not on Christ's return in 1914.

And, when it was changed to 1914, why was there no explanation or reason given for the change, what was the new light that shone for the change.

run

• Black Man
    Black Man

this goes up...................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit