Do you still preach to people indirectly?

by JH 2 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Lets say that you know someone whose wife died, would you try to recomfort that person by saying, "she will resurrect on earth during the millennium, like we've been taught at the kingdom hall"?

I know a man that lost his wife to cancer a few days ago, and I was wondering what I would tell him to recomfort him if ever I came face to face with him.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Your example reminds me of the Priest who visited my young sister in law recently. She is terminally ill. She is a non practising Catholic, like most Catholics I suppose. She is afraid of dying and was panicing about what how she will deal with it when the time comes. After expressing some wishes for her children when they grow up, she asked the Priest what really happens to people when they die, especially as she had not led a religious life, and probably did not even believe in God.

The Priest answered with the truth. There is not a person on the planet, not even the Pope, who knows what will happen after death. We all believe things, some based on the Bible, others as athiests or whatever. But really no one knows, and anyone who says they know, is not really being completely honest, surely that's why it is called faith.

In such circumstances I never preach, just comfort and listen, and offer an opinion, if asked.

• ISP
    ISP
    Lets say that you know someone whose wife died, would you try to recomfort that person by saying, "she will resurrect on earth during the millennium, like we've been taught at the kingdom hall"?

Thats the WTS sponsored dream......it has no connection with the reality of the situation. I wouldn't propagate their garbage.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit