My list of 32 questions-Part A

by Goldminer 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

The following is the first 15 questions that I handed over to the elder that was over at my house on the 24th of August.I will post part B as soon as I can.Feel free to comment on any question.

Where does the bible make such statements:

1.That God has an "organization" on earth and uses a governing body to direct it?

2.That the "faithful and discreet slave"is a "class" composed of only certain christians and that it operates through a governing body?

3.That the "144000" in Revelation must be taken as a literal number?

4.That the last days began in 1914?

5.That the calendar year of 1914 was when Christ was first officially enthroned as King toward all the earth and that that calendar date marks the start of his "parousia" or presence?

6.That the gathering of the "anointed" or 144000 ceased in 1935?

7.That Christ's words in connection with the emblematic bread & wine "Do this in remembrance of me" do not apply to all persons putting faith in his ransom sacrifice?

8.When the bible at Heb. 11:16 says that men such as Abraham,Isaac and Jacob were "reaching out for a better place,that is,one belonging to heaven...",this could not possibly mean that they had a heavenly hope?

9.That Christ is mediator only for the anointed?

10.That Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE?

11.That christian men cannot grow clean,trimmed beards?

12.That christians must fill out a service report on a monthly basis? did Jesus do this? did his apostles do this? Paul?

13.That people who do not fill out a service report will die at Armaggeddon?

14.That a christian must reach and maintain a certain amount of hours of field service in order to be considered an "exemplary" christian?

15.That we must attend 5 meetings every week or die at Armaggeddon?

• carla
    carla

Did you ever get one answer to anything? Using the bible only? carla

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

No,I'm still waiting Carla

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

thanks so much for posting that i dont know if youve seen my recent thread on friends but my friend is going to the elders with her doubts on sunday she actually wants them to maybe df her (long story) but i dont know if they will id love to hear what they said to u what happened?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    12.That christians must fill out a service report on a monthly basis? did Jesus do this? did his apostles do this? Paul?

I think this is a very valid question, as elders use the field service reports to measure the "spiritual health" of congregation members.

W

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Add to the list: Where in the Bible does it say we can take blood fractions but not blood components?

• integ
    integ

All they have to do is explain ONE single scripture. The one in Matthew where it talks about the "Faithful Discreet Slave" giving us our food at the proper time. You see, everything you mentioned above IS scriptural, because the "Slave" has been been commissioned to "interpret" the meaning or message intended from the Bible.

A good witness will tell you; "Well, it doesn't say anything about not smoking crack cocaine in the Bible, but we know it's wrong to do so". etc. etc. etc. Concentrate on dispelling the "Slave" crap, and then you are in business. But it can, and has, become a runaround type of thing. You say; "How come it doesn't say anything in the Bible about such and such, and yet you guys say we have to do it?" They say; "Well we know that the FDS has Jehovahs' backing, so they are entrusted by Jah to interpret things for us". You say; "How do we know that Jehovah has entrusted the leaders of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society to be this Slave you speak of?" They say; "Because of their correct interpretation of scripture" You say; "But how do we know for sure that the Watchtower leaders' interpretation is correct?" They say; "Because THEY are the Faithful Slave Class entrusted by Jehovah!".........etc. etc. etc.

You are then on the "Witness Whirlpool" where real logic is forsaken in lieu of a closed mind and a life that is destined to suck big time.

Integ.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Miner,

Thanks for posting these, both A and B. I needed this. I have a close friend who is still in, barely. This will be the push he needs. He is still clinging to new light and such. I mentioned NGO to him casually to see what he'd do with the information. He asked someone who was newly reinstated if they'd heard anything about it. They told him that it was a scam cooked up by the apostates and that there was no truth to it. I told him that I'd send him the scans. I think I will include your list of questions in there too.

Thanks again

P.S. If you took out one of the B parts to a question, that'd give you your 32!

Luke

• Black Man
    Black Man

this goes up.........................

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Integ, the Faithful and Discreet Slave don't decide jack sh--. The Governing Body decides everything. If the entire group of partakers feel differently they can be disfellowshipped and others chosen. Besides, the GB doesn't listen to the FDS anyway, they know most are "partaking unworthily."

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit