Silent Lambs Scam Alert for Jehovah's Witnesses!

by Atlantis 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
  • Honesty
    Honesty

I talked with the WTBTS Service Department at 718-560-5000 on 9/2/2005 at 12:55 PM EDST.

A brother in the Service Department informed me of the following 'arrangement' for Hurricane Katrina Disaster relief efforts: You can contribute for Hurricane Katrina relief efforts through your local Kingdom Hall and put your donation in the contribution box marked for the World Wide Work. You may also send donations directly to the Branch Office... to the Brooklyn address. Donations should be marked for the World Wide Work and not specificically reserved for relief efforts. This allows the brothers to use the money in the best way they see fit. Again, mark donations for the World Wide Work and not specific to the relief efforts.

"What efforts have the brothers got going on at the moment?"

The situation is still being somnewhat assesed and uhmmm.... being coordinated. But brothers that have been evacuated are being cared for in the areas where they were evacuated to or where they are staying with other friends or relatives. In the disaster areas the brothers are trying to assess damage to Kingdom Halls and to homes and to things like that so that's still kind of ongoing. So, we'll probably have some more complete information soon but it's still a little sketchy right now.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you Honesty!

• Terry
    Terry

Early on as a young JW I remarked to my friend that Jehovah's Witness charity efforts always seemed to exclude everyone NOT a JW.

Jesus was pretty clear, I thought, about giving aid and comfort to one's supposed enemies in the illustration of the Good Samaritan. Samaria had engaged in Apostate worship and they were on the "faithful" Jews blacklist. Yet, Jesus singled them out in his parable as WORTHY OF CHARITY.

How do you suppose the Governing Body fails to see this?

JW charity is their Achilles Heel!

Everyone here should be especially aware that JW's have NO DEFENSE for their utter uncharitable attitude to everybody who isn't ONE OF THEM.

It should be constantly brought to their attention since they cannot explain it satisfactorily.

There isn't a loving or charitable bone in any JW body. Not for long.

The elders would not allow even Meals on Wheels participation if they heard about any publisher engaging in it.

The JW's are utterly self-centered in their view of worthiness.

They'd just as soon see everybody die anyway. Isn't that why they look forward to Armageddon? Why so anxious and eager for it if they don't long for the destruction of all non JW's?

T.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Terry I wholeheartedly agree with you but there are other reasons why the WTBTS does not like their members donating elsewhere.

The WTBTS itself is a charity and as such must therefore consider other charities as competition given that only so much of peoples disposable income will statistically be donated, on this basis therefore they must compete for their share of the pie. By directing their members to donate directly to the Worldwide Work they in effect are retaining their market share and preventing a drop in sales whilst at the same time satisfying their members need to contribute and to help in times of need and disaster. It never fails to surprise me what lengths the WTBTS will go to in misleading their members.

DB74

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    They'd just as soon see everybody die anyway. Isn't that why they look forward to Armageddon? ; Why so anxious and eager for it if they don't long for the destruction of all non JW's?

Terry - I actually have heard witnesses imply that those who die are better off. That way they don't have to die at 'A', and will most likely get a resurrection now. What twisted logic.

Jeff

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

OK - what happens if I write a check payable to the WTBTS and note at the bottom that the check is for the Hurricane Katrina disaster relief? Aren't they then required by law to use the money solely for the Hurricane Katrina disaster? Wouldn't they then have to place the money in a separate account for that purpose? Or do you think they would not cash the check or even return it?

Bonnie

• daystar
    daystar

Bonnie

They have been specifically told not to note that the money should go specifically to the disaster relief. If they do it anyway, I would expect them to be reprimanded in some way.

• Terry
    Terry
    The WTBTS itself is a charity and as such must therefore consider other charities as competition given that only so much of peoples disposable income will statistically be donated, on this basis therefore they must compete for their share of the pie

EXCELLENT point!

t

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I have found the organization to be full of you know what. Relief work, my sweet fanny, My mother gave the WTS 10,000.00 for a flood that occured in Quebec several years ago. My father had not been dead very long and my mother just wasn't thinking clearly, giving them that kind of money. What prove to me that my mom is a big hypocrite, She gives them money but when I was poor as a church mouse my mom wouldn't give me a penny. She would rather see that we had to turn to churches for assistance. Then she called us not very good christains for turning to babylon the great. laugh laugh. And the congregation elders never helped when we were in a bad way. We asked for assistance but they said no. the reason I have no idea. The only reason I can think of is because I have been ill for many many years and missed alot of meetings but my ex husband was at every meeting, in the service and doing everything he was suppose to but still they said no. I was so f****in mad at them that they expect us to give contributions for all kinds of things in the org, but when you need a contribution for a short time they laugh at you and sneer about it behind your back and pretend that everylittle thing is okay. I hate the organization at every level. They are worse than the churches and other wonderful organizations. They need a real eye opener like the government should make them pay taxes or maybe a major disaster in the city of new york.

well they showed there true colours during the 9 11 disaster. Hey what do they care so long as millions in the organization keep filling their coffers what the hell they don't care they are sitting pretty.

I loath them all.

Orangefatcat has spoken and is pissed in Canada for ill treatment of all honest hearted person around the world.

May God show mercy to the victims of the Katrina disaster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit