How Did Your College Team Do??

by horrible life 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• horrible life
    horrible life

My team, OU, lost. 17 to 10. to TCU. Oklahoma was ranked 7th. TCU horned frogs were not even on the radar!! I sat in the stands, 105 degrees or higher, my head is burnt, til the 3rd quarter, and told my husband and daughter, I would meet them down below. I had started to not feel good. They came down 20 minutes later. It was tied 10-10. As we reached the car, we heard their touchdown being made. We have season tickets, We don't think we are going next Saturday. OU vs Tulsa. Anyone need tickets????? Bob Stoops will probably be called into the presidents office about this.

For people who aren't OU fans, we don't talk about winning or losing seasons. It is We won the National Championship, or we didn't. So to lose the opener, to TCU, we aren't happy. HL

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I'm a K-State Wildcat fan here. We did just dandy... beat Florida International (another team not even anywhere near the vicinity of the map) 35-21.

It should have been a more convincing win but after last year, I will take any win what so ever. :D

Kansas District Overbeer

• horrible life
    horrible life

Well pr: OU plays you in a few weeks, you got a really good shot at us too!!! I'm not a fair weather fan, but just really bummed out. If it was a loss to

Kansas State, I could have taken it much better. Hell, even losing to the Texas Longhorns would be easier to take. But TCU??? HL

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Since I live in Buffalo, SU (Syracuse) was moderately popular. 1987 was a huge letdown (SEIKLEY THERE 5 SECONDS LEFT, DO SOMETHING). The latest hoops win was nice but we'd prefer if one of our 4 local D-1 teams makes it to the big dance.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

HL - This might be of some interest to you since you are an OU fan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2152711

Kansas District Overbeer

• jaredg
    jaredg

I'm an NC State fan and we barely lost to Virginia Tech this weekend. it was a great game and i think the pack put up a good fight being that we aren't ranked and VT is ranked 8th. Man I love football season!!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Thanks pr_capone; This gives me some glimmer of hope for unranked Tulsa.

Regarded as the team's quarterback of the future, Bomar came to Oklahoma last season from Grand Prairie High School. He had thrown for 6,097 yards and 58 touchdowns in his career there and was regarded by many as the nation's No. 2 recruit behind Peterson.

You would think with us having Peterson and Bomar, the number 1 and 2 recruits, we could do something. Everybody in the crowd Saturday was yelling early to pull Thompson, and put in Bomar. Glad to see our wish will come true for the next game. Word on the street and at different places of employment, is nobody is happy with Stoops. (The highest? paid college coach) TCU out coached us is the big thing. I'll say it again, Oklahoma takes its football serious!!! But what else do we have??? LOL HL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit