DFW jobs available

by arrowstar 5 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

I received this email regarding jobs available now in the DFW area to help with the disaster. It reads as follows:

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) needs employees that can handle extensive telephone contact with members of the general public. The
    location will be in Denton at the Texas National Processing Service Center. In the wake of Hurricane Katrina they need 150 people this week and will ramp up to over 300 people by the end of Sept. The assignment will last well into January. The skills for the position are good telephone and communication skills
    and/or customer service experience and knowledge of personal computers or word processing in a Windows-based environment. The job will entail contact with members of the general public who are applying for disaster assistance. The position requires patience, tact and courtesy on the part of the employee. Employee must be fluent in English and possess proficient typing skills.

NO disaster victims - conflict of interest
    Work 12 days straight, 12 hour shifts
    then go to 12 days straight, 10 hours shifts
    then go to 3 shifts, 8 hours shifts

Right now we think the pay is going to be around $15 an hour. We will start finger printing for the FEMA on Tuesday Morning. Classes will start on Wednesday.

If you are interested or know of someone else that is interested, please email me back. I will be checking my email all weekend.

Some other news that I would like to pass on. The 2005 Annual DFW Career Conference will be held at the Arlington Convention Center on Sept 7th. If you can pass this info along to any displaced hurricane evacuees looking for work, that would be great.

Thank you,
    Patrick Logan
    Assistant Branch Manager
    Founders Club V Member
    2525 East Arkansas Lane Suite 245
    Arlington, TX 76010
    Phone: (817) 275-3000
    Fax: (817) 275-3199
    [email protected]
    www.appleone.com

Lisa

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

THANK YOU!!!

I was just telling Neil as we were helping a family this weekend, "I wish I could find a way to get paid for this type of thing." LOL! Despite the circumstances, I really LOVE being able to help.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, Andi, let's make sure that Bubbamar hears about this!

Nina

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

You're very welcome!

BTTT

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Absolutely, Arrowstar, thank you VERY MUCH for finding this. You're wonderful! (But we all knew that already.)

Hugs,

Nina

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

The FEMA office is located off 288 in Denton. I was offered a job there last month but it was just temporary and I had already accepted my permanent position at where I am now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit