Revelation 16 and John 8:58

by Cygnus 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Oops.... hit Enter after the subject line instead of Tab. *** Rbi8 Revelation 16:5-7 ***

5 And I heard the angel over the waters say: "You, the One who is and who was, the loyal One, are righteous, because you have rendered these decisions, 6 because they poured out the blood of holy ones and of prophets, and you have given them blood to drink. They deserve it." 7 And I heard the altar say: "Yes, Jehovah God, the Almighty, true and righteous are your judicial decisions.

Rbi8 John 8:58 ***

Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Before Abraham came into existence, I have been (i.e. I was, and I am.)

Ahhhh I don't have the patience to try and copy and paste an interlinear translation of these verses. I don't know much about Greek but Rev. doesn't look anything like John. Has any trinity believer tried to collerate these texts?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Revelation 16:5
    And I heard the angel of the waters saying, "Righteous are You, who are and who were, O Holy One, because You judged these things;

kai hkousa tou aggelou twn udatwn legontov, Dikaiov ei, o wn kai o hn, o osiov, oti tauta ekrinav,

ei = you are (pronounced I)
    wn = being (pronounced on)
    hn = I was (pronounced en)

Revelation 16:6
    for they poured out the blood of saints and prophets, and You have given them blood to drink. They deserve it."

oti aima agiwn kai profhtwn ecexean, kai aima autoiv [d]edwkav piein; acioi eisin.

Revelation 16:7
    And I heard the altar saying, "Yes, O Lord God, the Almighty, true and righteous are Your judgments."

kai hkousa tou qusiasthriou legontov, Nai, kurie o qeov o pantokratwr, alhqinai kai dikaiai ai kriseiv sou.

kurie = master, lord (pronounced kurios)
    qeov = god (pronounced theos)
    pantokratwr = almighty (pronounced pantokrator)

John 8:58
    Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

eipen autoiv Ihsouv, Amhn amhn legw umin, prin Abraam genesqai egw eimi.

egw = I, me, my
    eimi = to be, to exist, to happen, to be present

Revelation 16:5-7 refers to God the Father

John 8:58 refers to the Son

See Rbi8 John 1:1
    1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit