They wont take my clothing donation!

by Rayvin 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Alot of shelters are over loaded with clothing donations and are no longer taking them. I stopped by the Big Town (in Mesquite) that is being used as a temp. shelter and they are only taking baby clothes. Other then that they are taking gift cards, canned goods, diapers, wipes (basically anything baby related), feminine products, toiletries. I had to drop them off at the Police Station on 700 N. Galloway.

If anyone else knows of specific shelters and thier specific needs please list them so we can focus on those items.

Lori

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Lori,

PM me your number. Maybe we can talk? Bubbamar and some of her friends are still lacking in some clothing. Perhaps you have something they could use? (If we've already discussed this via PM, please forgive me. I've PMed with SO many from this board.)

Thanks,

Andi

• Scully
    Scully

I know the local shelters are so grateful when people donate the travel sized or samples of shampoo, soap, baby oil, deodorant, toothpaste, etc. Toothbrushes, combs, dental floss also go a long way in helping people in crisis have a sense of "normalcy".

I imagine waterless hand cleaning solution (like Purell) would be a welcome donation in a disaster situation. They also come in mini travel sized packs.

These items aren't expensive to purchase and if you put a few different items in individual ziploc bags, they'd make for great little care packages.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yesterday, the Salvation Army was taking donations of just about everything at Reunion Arena. We helped set up a distribution center in the parking lot, so that NOLA people could come out from the arena and pick out their basic needs.

There were alot of cloths, but you might try there because it's going right to the source.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

We took several bags of donated clothes to Salvation Army Friday and they were loading them direct unto a truck. Don't know their final destination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit