PAYPAL INFORMATION FOR BUBBAMAR!!!

by Billygoat 7 Replies latest social current

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I mentioned this in another thread, (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/97652/1.ashx) but I'm going to start a new one too!

You guys and gals are the most generous, kind, and unconditional people I've ever met!!! I am so proud to be part of this community. Last night I had several people drop clothes, food, emergency supplies, cash...just after a long hard day of work and fighting traffic. Nina brought dinner and I think is providing dinner again tonight. There is still more need as these two girls are having to start completely over. I have people that are personally shipping me clothing for them as well as another person wanting to send a check, which I will turn over to Marla and Dee once received. You guys are truly just amazing people!!!

If you are still interested in helping, you can send money via paypal. Her email address is [email protected] and her name is Marla Watt. If you don't have a credit card and you'd like to send a check, you can send it in her name to my address. If you are interested in doing that then PM me and I will give her the check to cash.

Like Marla said, "You dang bunch of apostates!! You will know them by their works!! Hahaha."

You guys rock!!!

• Valis
    Valis

I have a sneaking suspicion Billygoat kept the chocolate bars I sent...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

*shaking head vehemently*

Nope. I was a good girl. I put them in with all the other amazing stuff you sent last night Valis. Anyone that says you're a bad guy, I'll beat 'em up for ya. You have a heart bigger than this state my dear. And I love ya for it!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

BTTT everyone!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Everyone,

If we could just get a lot of us to donate $5 or $10 dollars (or more if you can afford it), then that will help Marla and Dee tremendously. If everyone can sacrifice just a little, it will make a huge difference collectively! They are really two of the sweetest girls you could meet!

I just spent a little time with her and Dee and some of their other displaced friends over coffee this afternoon. It's difficult as I'm sure you can imagine, but between the teary moments, there is laughter and fun stories that are being shared. Good memories and just silly fluff talk. They need that and all of our collective prayers, good thoughts, well wishes, positive vibes...whatever your way of sharing good flowing energy. They are still working on a plan of whether or not to stay in Dallas, but for the moment I think they're just trying to enjoy the holiday weekend. They have friends here that are providing shelter and encouraging company, but funds are still needed. Please contribute if you can...even if it's just a little.

You guys on this board make me SO VERY PROUD to be an apostate!

Andi

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Andi you are really a angel. We went through the new bags of goodies and are still amazed at the generosity. I am so glad you stayed for coffee - it is so nice to have some time to talk about something else and to not think about it for a while. It seems to come in waves - the reality of what has happened. We were pretty sure about our idea to go to Atlanta - but then I just wanted to go home SO BAD and crawl in my own bed. It can be overwhelming to think about it all being gone. The support network I had there, favorite coffee shops and restaurants, my therapist, UNO...the list is endless.

The monetary help has meant so much - but I think that experiencing the love and support of friends and strangers has been just as --if not more meaningful. ANDI thank you so much for adopting us and for rounding up so much help!!!! YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

Andi Please tell the Rodgers THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the yummy scented lotion and the gift cards. They have no idea how much it means! Also the makeup and other samples are awesome!!

We finally finished sorting through the clothes and, amazingly, everyone here found clothes that fit - and that we love! (LOVE the Ann Taylor stuff!! Ya'll have great taste in clothes) We have a bag left over that we will make sure some refugees get. Thank you everyone!!!!!!

As far as chocolate....hmmm...did one of my "friends" eat my chocolate???? Haha Valis - How'd you know that's what female refugees REALLY need!!! LOL

Hugs to all

Marla

• Mulan
    Mulan

I missed this thread and but will donate right away.
    Marilyn

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((Marla & Dee)))))))

You are more than welcome. We wouldn't have things here for you any other way. Except maybe your own bed. We are thrilled you chose Dallas to come for safety. We are honored to have you here! Please know that Dallas is pretty much the South's apostate capital. There are many of us here. Should you decide to put down stakes here, you would have a pretty good network of friends. Yes, I understand it's not home. But it could become a lovely one should you decide to stay. You've found a lovely coffee shop already. Dallas has awesome restaurants. I have a fabulous therapist I'd love to recommend to you, should you want one. We don't have UNO, but UTD is right up the street from our house. My best friend is New Student Life Coordinator (or some fun title like that) and I'm sure she'd be happy to help you get your bearings there or help get resources at your hands. If that doesn't work, we could always play UNO around the coffee table with some of your fabulous Columbian coffee. (Sorry...throwing in a lame joke to make you smile. ) If you miss New Orleans muggy weather, we can accomodate ya' there too.

I will tell the Rodgers what you said. There was another couple (the Burrows) that helped pitch in I think, so I will make sure to send your message to them both. The makeup goodies are from Arrowstar. Just little things to make you feel pretty and whole again.

There are many of us here for you my friends. We will do whatever we can to make you feel at home. Temporarily or otherwise.

Love ya girl,

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit