• peterstride
    peterstride

Check out this article I just read on CBC Newsworld web-site:
    ----------------------------------------------

CBC Front Page
    Radio-Canada

[b]Serena Williams kicks shopping habit[b/]
    WebPosted Thu Aug 9 23:10:20 2001

MANHATTAN BEACH, CALIF. (AP) - Tennis star Serena Williams says she has kicked a serious Internet shopping habit that involved spending six hours daily online.

"It hit its worst at the French Open. Every day I was in my room and I was online," she said. "I wasn't able to stop and I bought, bought, bought, bought, bought."

Her favourite items were clothing, shoes and things for her dog.

"Things I didn't need, I didn't even wear them," she said, laughing. "I was just out of control."

Williams said she was shopping online three hours daily during the tournament and up to six hours on off-days.

She initially got hooked as a way to avoid shopping in public.

"People always recognize me no matter where I go," said Williams, who is a platinum blonde now.

"That's why I changed the colour of my hair, so people wouldn't recognize me as much. But it didn't do any good, so I was like, OK, I'll try the online thing and, next thing I know, it's fun and I was addicted."

Williams says she's better now, although she is tempted whenever catalogs arrive in the mail.

"I throw all catalogs out now," she said.

Williams, 19, has earned more than $700,000 US on the court this year.

Williams is in Manhattan Beach for the estylecom Classic tournament.

She beat Australia's Nicole Pratt Wednesday to advance to the quarter-finals of the $565,000 WTA event.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm....her actions are very very wordly...don't yah all think? Oh..but who are we to judge? LOL

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• peterstride
    peterstride

In case someone tries to point it out to me...yes...I know...the article does say that she "was" addicted to shopping on-line, but that she's gotten over it. Only time will tell...

Peter

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

I was addicted to alcohol while I was a JW, but I'm better now.

• outcast
    outcast

I was addicted to hatred, but I'm better now.

• gsark
    gsark

I was addicted to self-vindicating, bible thumping, holier- than -thou over-righteousness, but I'm better now.

Thank you...(bow right, bow left)

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I was addicted to being controlled and letting other people make all of my decisions for me as well as telling me what to think...but I'm better now!

Dana

"Someday we'll find it...the rainbow connection...the lovers, the dreamers and me"

Kermit the Frog
    "Rainbow Connection"

• LDH
    LDH

I was addicted to Circuit and District Conventions where I got to make all the hoagies I wanted!

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2

She turned me into a newt!!!!

[long pause]

I'm better now....

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Commie Chris,

I was addicted to alcohol while I was a JW, but I'm better now.

Me too, me too!!!!

Dana

"I undid his head collar and took him outside for a drink, and felt, if not exactly acommunion with him, at least an awareness of being a fellow creature on a lonely planet."

Dick Francis in "To The Hilt"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit