"Witness Humor" *or* "Jehovah Jollies"

by GetBusyLiving 5 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Did you guys ever find that dub's laugh their heads off at the corniest stuff? Sometimes during the meetings they would all just burst out laughing at the lamest jokes or comments. For the life of me I could not understand what they found humorous. Then I would start laughing my ass off at at something the speaker said that was supposed to be serious, and the rest of the hall was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. GBL

• Purza
    Purza
    Sometimes during the meetings they would all just burst out laughing at the lamest jokes or comments.

That was my dad. He was either on the stage making lame jokes with everyone laughing. . . OR he was the loudest one laughing in the audience. We would laugh at him laughing because he was so loud.

He went out to give a public talk once and he did his comedian routine. The elders in the hall counseled him that he was using too much humor. They never invited him back for a talk. Too bad for the audience.

Purza

• bagpuss
    bagpuss

I spent years listening to the congregation laughing when once again the PO told us that Jehovah promised to provide us with bread but not the jam to go on it. They laughed every time! It drove me mad,it seemed he couldn't be on the platform without saying it at least once.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

My dad has always had a lame sense of humor. Stuff he thought was hilarious was either hurtful or inappropriate.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

And all this time, here I am thinking I'm just too uptight...

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Then I would start laughing my ass off at at something the speaker said that was supposed to be serious, and the rest of the hall was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

GBL- That’s funny! I can vision you doing this in my head and everyone sternly looking at you with their disapproving gaze………….

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit